Looking for a Buff Orpington Roo

muddler6

Songster
12 Years
Sep 12, 2007
Jefferson County, PA
Hello,
After a bit of a possum problem, I had to start a new flock, I decided to go with Buff Orpingtons. I have 6 girls that are about 4 weeks old now, and they need a boyfriend. I would like to find one locally, or anyone passing through Jefferson County Pennsylvania, who has a 3 to 6 week old Buff Orpington Roo they don't want that I can put in with my new girls. He will get the run of the place and free range during the day and be tucked safely away at night. Please no mixed breed birds, I would like to keep pure Buff Orps, and plan to share with folks on here and some of my chicken friends in my area.
Thanks for anyone who can help.

Hinkjc is pretty far west of me if I remember right, with gas prices as they are I would really have to consider that. I figured if I started now, I should be able to find another Buff Orp by the time they start laying eggs so I can hatch out some for myself and some others. If I have a hard time finding any, I'll get some of Hinkjc's eggs and hatch my girls a boyfriend. I thought that with so many people wanting to pass along a roo, I might try my luck.

I have one that will be 8 weeks old on Monday. I wasn't supposed to get him but he was mixed in with the pullets I got. Unfortunately, you aren't near me and I doubt you want to drive down here. I won't ship, either.
Good luck!
frow.gif

Quote:
SR? What is that? I only have 2 of the birds I got from you left (Bantam Cochins, the white roo and white Frizzle hen). I was hoping some folks in the area would have some Orps.

I am sorry SR=straight run

getting a few different breeds experimenting with making my own cornish!

Anyway I lost some of my BO girls so I have some coming also (SR)

so, if you haven't found 1 by the time I know who is boy & girl (if there is a boy - I only order 6) you can have him

I lost quite alot of chickens too!
sad.png
I used to let them free range - now we are building tractors)

http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn338/RendeRoost/100_2700.jpg

http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn338/RendeRoost/100_2699.jpg

Back
Top Bottom