Looking for black or white Giant roo in Surry County NC

Hobbley_Farm

Songster
11 Years
Sep 9, 2008
Pilot Mountain, NC
I have decided against getting a Brahma roo. Someone started a post about what chicken breed you wouldn't have again...and the Brahma was listed over and over again for what I (myself) worried about....Their feet getting messy. So I just want a Jersey Giant roo . White or black...doesn't matter. I just want him to be our MAIN roo. I'm not really in desperate need of a roo because we have one already (just don't like him). So I don't want to travel very far. If someone in or close to Pilot mountain happens to have one they are looking to get rid of, I'm interested. Thanks
smile.png

If you don't find one...I have a beautiful BO x SLW cockerel and a BO x Australorp cockerel that I hatched out this Summer. The BOxSLW is white with grey/silver flecking and a rose-comb. The BOxAustralorp is black with white/silver flecking and a normal comb.

Pardon my ignorance...but what is does the SLW stand for in "I have a beautiful BO x SLW cockerel" ? I may be interested. Lets give it a few days see if there is a giant out there for me.
smile.png
Thanks

I'm up in Gates, NC not sure how far from you, but I have a blue jersey giant roo you could have for $5. He's purebred, but we don't have any girls to go with him. He's about 6 months old. We'll just eat him otherwise.

Lemme know with a PM.

Stacy

Welcome

Don't know that they will have what you are looking for but it covers they whole state.

Mike

Quote:
ok....do you have any pics of these two??? Every avenue I have found has been a dead end. I would just like to get a bigger roo at this point. Mine looks big but probably doesn't weigh more than 4 to 5 lbs.

Back
Top Bottom