Looking for CUTE Corgis

greyhorsewoman

Songster
11 Years
Mar 3, 2008
Endless Mts, NE PA
Ok, this started on another thread ... calling all Corgi lovers (Pembroke/Cardigan/corgi-crosses)

I've had several and each one is cuter than the last. My most recent corgi, Willow, is just turning two. She is a natural bobtail. Her daddy is a triple agility MACH & her mother is a working herding dog. She is a super athlete. She has such common sense around the livestock and naturally knows how to help. She is my constand companion and my 'best buddy.'

Her day of arrival ~~
Willow02.jpg

Playing with her 'big' sister at 3 months old ~~
Mirra-Willow-nowwereplaying.jpg

Her favorite perch ~~
Willowoncouchback2.jpg

And we do tricks, too ~~
DSC01047.jpg

I have a PWC. She was my 2 year battle with my parents becasue they never wanted one because of the shedding, but she fortunately does not have thick undercoat so the shedding is not bad. She also loves to perch on the back of the couch. I will try to add pics soon. My corgi is name Mini Me because when she was a puppy she acted alot like me. She turned 3 in July. And unfortunatly I have not done as much as I would like with her but she has a bunch obedience training, some agility, and very little herding training on her over all she is just a GREAT companion for me.

I have a 2 year old Pembroke, Emmie. She is a joy to have around. We got her as a puppy along with her sister, Ellie. We only wanted one puppy, but when we saw how close they were, they were the last two left on the litter, we just had to get both. Unfortunately Ellie is no longer with us. She was hit by a car about a year ago.
Emmie has just recently finished her heartworm treatment. She has been on heartworm prevention since she was a puppy, but got heartworms anyway. I was shocked last year when my vet tested her at a routine visit and said she had heartworms. I guess I took it forgranted that she was on prevention, so she was protected. Anyway, she is doing just fine, the treatment wasn't too bad on her. I guess we caught it in the early stages. We find out in 6 mos to a year if the treatment worked for sure. I would love to breed her in the future if her health allows. I just love this breed. They are just fun little dogs. I'll try to get a good pic of her. She is not crazy about the camera....

Paula:)

Last edited:
I've always loved them...even tho I'm a "big dog" person. They seem to think they're a big dog in a small package so maybe that's why I like them. Our mail lady raises them, so I keep hoping maybe I can get the hubby talked into one. How are they with cats? Someone told me once that they like to kill cats...or at least chase them a lot. If I get one it would be raised in the house with my housecats so I figure that would help.

I have a 7 year old PWC and she loves cats, or rather, the cats LOVE her and she does not care.
My dog has had her fair share of behavior problems from the get go, but constant working with her has left her manageable. She still will not hesitate to pee on the carpet at any opportunity she gets though.
She was diagnosed this year with hip dysplasia in both hips, only 30% coverage in the one severe one left. She will be on meds for the rest of her life and as long as that keeps her pain free, whe will not need surgery.

This is Chloe
Chloe.jpg

18203_casey_hoping.jpg

Casey Jones, the stick chasing-est corgi on the planet! She's actually my SIL's dog, but is an extremely frequent visitor.

Casey and my house cat have a love hate thing, they are wary of each other most of the time, but then they're curled up together on the couch. I think it's a big game. Casey will play with cats if they are willing, but has great respect for claws if things get serious. She seems to know when it's time to stop.

I got Kelsie from the clinic I worked at in Florida she was brought in by animals control to be put down. Her previous owners had papers on her being a cardigan I'm thinking it was more of a puppy mill situation due to her crappy imune system and her height. All I know now is that she is the best dog in the universe! We are thankful everyday for her.

This is Kelsie when she was brought into the clinic.

000_0015-1.jpg

This is her now:

100_1033.jpg

Back
Top Bottom