Looking for Easter Egger Chicks in Houston Area

I will say that my HOA has pretty generic' language in the deed restrictions regarding poultry and livestock. Very similar to what the city laws have on their books. Horses are allowed here and FFA project animals. Most neighbors are really great. There are the occasional jerks and trolls however. We have one guy who thinks it is his mission to tear down peoples lost pet signs right after they put them up because we aren't supposed to be able to put signs up...

I got the Texas Homeowner Association Law book today.
It will take me a while to read it all.
I have skimmed through it and confirmed that amendments can be made by a vote in all HOA to change the rules.
I have also confirmed that once laws are made HOA must follow them, but they are allowed to add their own rules...which can NOT included not permitting a homeowner rights to said law.

So I am fully confident that once this bill passes and becomes a law EVERYONE...not matter where you live in Texas will be able to own AT LEAST 6 HENS.
section b..even states some of this.

I really hope it works , in fact I'm praying the bill will require the changes that we want. I am note up to 14 chicks
1f631.png

I will say that my HOA has pretty generic' language in the deed restrictions regarding poultry and livestock.  Very similar to what the city laws have on their books. Horses are allowed here and FFA project animals.  Most neighbors are really great.  There are the occasional jerks and trolls however.  We have one guy who thinks it is his mission to tear down peoples lost pet signs right after they put them up because we aren't supposed to be able to put signs up... 

We are in TO, our HOA language is pretty generic as well, we have new elected board members that will take office in a few weeks, several neighbors are trying to change the bylaws that will allow us to have chickens , crossing my fingers to see if it will actually work . The Spring feed store is killing me, they have some new babies that came in today, and another batch will be arriving next week. such great selections, I have to stay away .

LOL I was just at Livengood to get horse feed and they had Cochins and Salmon Faverolles and I was like nope just got the six outside and don't need to try and blend another group in....next year...next year...

I would need to rebuild my coop are if I add more. If I can free range for several hours without the hawks doing a run that are very happy. When they are cooped up for the winter they get very unhappy.

I would need to rebuild my coop are if I add more.  If I can free range for several hours without the hawks doing a run that are very happy.  When they are cooped up for the winter they get very unhappy.

Do you only have six ?. I feel so bad now, we are up to 14
1f613.png
. I'm telling I have a problem, we usually free range for a few hours late I. The afternoon, but the yard is very well shaded with lots of trees. We've never had more than 6 before, so this will be interesting. We definitely need a new coop for sure. I seriously need stay away from the Soring Creeck store.

I have 12. 6 -3 year olds and 6- 2 month olds. The coop space is 12 x 12 divided in half. They can see each other through the wire for a while before I turn the loose together. I would like the HOA to move to adopt the same guidelines as the bill sets out with regard to chickens. (chickens being the gateway drug) I can see why opening it up to all sorts of poultry could be a mess - one of the property owners adjoining my office has peacocks and when i go in to work at 6 am they are a lot more vocal than roosters. Lovely but LOUD.

I have 12. 6 -3 year olds and 6- 2 month olds. The coop space is 12 x 12 divided in half. They can see each other through the wire for a while before I turn the loose together. I would like the HOA to move to adopt the same guidelines as the bill sets out with regard to chickens. (chickens being the gateway drug) I can see why opening it up to all sorts of poultry could be a mess - one of the property owners adjoining my office has peacocks and when i go in to work at 6 am they are a lot more vocal than roosters. Lovely but LOUD.

Are peacocks allowed where you are and not chickens?

Back
Top Bottom