Looking for ideas... Simple movable pen for the girls during the day....

Walkbarefoot

Chirping
Apr 19, 2018
Niwot, Colorado
I am new to the world of chickens... We have built a 50 square foot coop that is enclosed in our 400 square foot run... (the run is almost complete... the chicks are only 4 weeks old at the moment.)
IMG_1860.jpeg
I would like to free range our birds during the day, but we have far too many hawks, eagles, osprey.... I am looking for a simple way to contain the birds during the day, while giving them access to other parts of my lawn. I am interested in seeing what others have done... We do have a neighborhood cat, also have fox, coyote and raccoons. But as I said, this would ONLY be for during the day, they would be in full lockdown at night.
I have seen some nice collapsable options... Would love to see some of the creative things you have come up with!
Thanks

I bought a portable run on Amazon that works great for me. I got it for around $50, but it was on sale. I move it around the yard. It has a small tarp over one side for shade and a roosting bar. I didn't need anything fancy since I use it when I am home. It keeps them safe from hawks.

Wowsa ....that is quite the run frameup! Sweet!

Welcome to BYC!
Adding your general geographical location to your profile can be helpful,
easy to do and then it's always there!
upload_2018-5-2_18-54-1.png

Search for cattle panel hoop coops. You can build one for about $100 depending on what materials you use. You can connect it to your run using chicken tunnels. I've had a hawk land on the hoop coop and look in when I had young pullets in there but never had any losses.

Back
Top Bottom