Looking for my best rooster

Okay, than i would do 1 and 2. The only main disqualification is having yellow legs. As for the white feathers you're worried about, usually those go away after the first year molt. Sumatra are notorious for that. Plus I see nothing that says it's a show stopper if they have fully white feathers, just that they need to be black and white

Okay, than i would do 1 and 2. The only main disqualification is having yellow legs. As for the white feathers you're worried about, usually those go away after the first year molt. Sumatra are notorious for that. Plus I see nothing that says it's a show stopper if they have fully white feathers, just that they need to be black and white
I completely forgot to look at the foot section of the birds. But I will make sure to fully pay attention to that for cull purposes on the hens.

How terrible is the head shape in your opinion for APA? I'm not thrilled with it, but this is always a very weak point for me.

I completely forgot to look at the foot section of the birds. But I will make sure to fully pay attention to that for cull purposes on the hens.

How terrible is the head shape in your opinion for APA? I'm not thrilled with it, but this is always a very weak point for me.
4 has a very nice head, and 3 has the worst. But 1 and 2 are rather good too

Fair enough. Thank you for your input. I have two other roosters that are about a month or so behind these guys. I am kind of waiting to see how they put on weight. I have found the biggest problem so far is just complete lack of size which is a big problem for both the APA standard and in general for egg laying / cull to cook.

possibly too much white in the wings
They look to be only 4 month old, so still have to change to their adult plumage.
The wings and tail feathers are the last to change, so hold on and have patience, just like @sourland already advised, it is much too early to cull judging them by their actual looks/performance.

Back
Top Bottom