Looking for some polish color possibilities with these crosses

Pics
When you describe white lace silver do you mean like this:

View attachment 3499948View attachment 3499949View attachment 3499951View attachment 3499950

He also has some black feathers mixed in.
Yes, I would expect a white laced silver to look about like that. One gene turns the gold to silver (white), and another gene turns the black lacing to white (but can let bits of black show through.)

(But any other white-on-white patterned chicken could look similar, so I cannot tell by looking whether that one actually has the genes for lacing or not.)

Yes, I would expect a white laced silver to look about like that. One gene turns the gold to silver (white), and another gene turns the black lacing to white (but can let bits of black show through.)

(But any other white-on-white patterned chicken could look similar, so I cannot tell by looking whether that one actually has the genes for lacing or not.)
That’s awesome thanks for getting back to me. I don’t have any polish hens, but I do have a black (with gold neck feathers) silkie, white silkie, and a splash silkie, along with a bunch of barnyard mix that I am getting chicks from this year.

The one silkie X chick from the black hen reminds me of a baby robin. Hopefully it’s a pullet as I am getting rather fond of her!
375426DA-B1F3-416A-A6ED-9E34EF396D15.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom