Looking for union suit patterns

gudrin

Songster
11 Years
Oct 30, 2008
Minnesota
I just thought I'd try here before I gave up. I've been looking all over for patterns for union suits for my girls (you know, the bright red, long sleeved jammie like things with the butt flap?). I'd really like to make each one a set for Christmas pictures and Christmas jammies this year. My eldest daughter will be in about a size four-five commercially, and my youngest will be in a size anywhere from 6-9 months to 12 months commercially. Or would it be best to just use jammie patterns and add the flap? I'm kind of at a loss right now. Thanks for any input!

http://oldecountrycupboard.blogspot.com/2009/11/snowman-sleds-and-longjohn-pattern.html

Check
out this site. While the bottoms don't unbutton and it's probably for decoration at Christmas, you can download the pattern and get a good idea how to make a look-alike long john. Upload her site, scroll down to photo section to get a look at the pictures..then to the free patterns section and scroll the patterns menu. Click on Santa's long johns and you will get a free PDF file with pattern and instructions.

The only other suggestion is check the "Role playing and theater, costumes" sections of the pattern companies.
I checked Simplicity already and they don't have one but McCalls, Butterick or Vogue may have one.

Back
Top Bottom