Looking for white homeing pigeons in New York State.

Cydney83

Songster
9 Years
Feb 18, 2010
Central New York!
Hi...I have been lurking on this site trying to gain information on pigeons. I would like to start a release business. Open to any help and thoughts...Does any one have pictures of the pigeons sharing a chicken coop...Thanks so much...

I bought 8yb white homers from a release near me.I am very happy with these pigeons.They are beautiful and fly like jets.I have been letting them fly everyday.I will be using them for breeding.So hope to have some yb next year to start my training.
7568_img_8840.jpg

Quote:
I wish too...if I knew of someone going this way...I will have to see...Now this is silly...I can't find the other post I posted...If you or anyone was information that would help me learn more about pigeons I would be so thankful...
smile.png

Quote:
I wish too...if I knew of someone going this way...I will have to see...Now this is silly...I can't find the other post I posted...If you or anyone was information that would help me learn more about pigeons I would be so thankful...
smile.png

Hi. I have gotten in touch with a man who lives down in the city he has white homers...Much more then 4 a piece...
barnie.gif
But he is full of information and willing to help me get started..so I am planning on heading down in a month...he did say he has babies hatching now and those I can train to fly out of my loft...any thoughts on that..:? Thanks so much for sending me the information.

that's good, you need birds that haven't been flown yet so they can imprint on your place as home, i live in the country so once mine were established i let mine out all the time, they fly around and land on my roof, you have to let them find their own way out so they will know how to get back in, trap training is the best, and always make a sound when feeding them, i shake a can full of grit, oh and make sure you always fly them hungry so it's easy to call them backin if need be

He said that too...He said a bell, but the can is louder...so those babies..he said I can get them around the 22nd of Oct..I think he said they are hatched...Now how would I know if this are good birds?!..they should be all white..but other things to look for?! He lives just outside of New York City...hmmmm I still have to build a loft in the chicken coops..he said have the breeding prs in one and the babies in one..He tried to tell me I needed 10 prs...I was like no...I want to go slow...
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom