Looking to start raising quail

i have kept bob's and boy are they wild, they go mad as soon as you put your hand near them.
i have coturnix and they are really sweet, they will even climb on your hand if you go slow.
coturnix every time. you can get some really pretty colours.

I have raised Bobwhite quail for some time now. I had native Texas Bobwhite, but integrated Georgia Giant Bobwhite a few years ago. The size and demeanor was substantial calmer than the old native birds. I also had less mortality from natural causes in the Georgia birds. They still get feisty at times, but I have managed to interact with them in very close proximity. This is , of course, my opinion. Here is a picture of one perched on my finger.

i have kept bob's and boy are they wild, they go mad as soon as you put your hand near them.
i have coturnix and they are really sweet, they will even climb on your hand if you go slow.
coturnix every time. you can get some really pretty colours.

I have raised Bobwhite quail for some time now. I had native Texas Bobwhite, but integrated Georgia Giant Bobwhite a few years ago. The size and demeanor was substantial calmer than the old native birds. I also had less mortality from natural causes in the Georgia birds. They still get feisty at times, but I have managed to interact with them in very close proximity. This is , of course, my opinion. Here is a picture of one perched on my finger.

Thank you both (and everyone else) for your helpful advice. I think I probably will end up starting with the coturnix and if I do add some bobwhites I will consider the Georgia ones.

Thank you both (and everyone else) for your helpful advice. I think I probably will end up starting with the coturnix and if I do add some bobwhites I will consider the Georgia ones.
what a lovely photo, you have worked hard to get them tame. my Mexican bobwhites were wild when they hatched, never seen anything like it, i had a job getting them out of the brooder.

We have officially become a well rounded quail farm. We have 50 two week olds. 31 six week olds and 35 10 week olds. We have some Italian hatching eggs that are going to be put into the incubator as soon as they arrive!!

Back
Top Bottom