Looks like a good bracket to build a coop

clarktx

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
NW Houston, TX
A few days ago someone said they were having a hard time building their coop so it would be square. I mean, the corners weren't matching up when they put the last panel on.

I found these on the internet the other day. My coop is built, but it looks like it could go a long way to making the coop squared off easily. If I build another one, its very possible I will use it.

I'm not saying this is all you would want to use. I would throw some screws in there and tighten it up. But, for those who are doing their first DIY project, or even just people who just want to make it simpler, they could be a useful $15 spent...

resize

145318_front200.jpg

I have no affiliation with Amazon or the manufacturer.

We have those for their intended purpose, but I hadn't thought of them for coop building. I have used the smaller corner brackets for square joints- mostly just to add stiffness. The problem I have keeping things square is non-square lumber. I did my best to pick through, but the pressure treated ones all had at least a little twisting. It does look like these things would give you a strong joint with a few screws.

Back
Top Bottom