Loss

Reuboid

Chirping
Nov 10, 2021
Went outside last night to find my favourite little call duck with her head in a pythons mouth. She never even called out or anything, which she normally does. Did it get her in her sleep?? Anyway I’m completely heartbroken and distraught. She was the nicest duck I could have asked for. Now I’ve only got two apple yard ducks left and they are terrified of me.

Attachments

• E53D7520-9279-455F-9B8B-BDB4A6DF6222.jpeg
    E53D7520-9279-455F-9B8B-BDB4A6DF6222.jpeg
    406.5 KB · Views: 4
Oh my gosh how awful poor little one. I am so sorry. I had a black snake get a 6 weeks old bantam pullet during the night and the snake tried to eat it but only got the head and neck in so it suffocated the pullet. We found the snake hiding up in the storage loft it was close to 6' long.
Start spending time with your two Appleyards tossing some treats their way, If your patient they will eventually warm up to you. Main thing is to be patient and spend time just being with them.

So sorry for your loss :hugs

Do you lock your ducks up at night? I do mine and that snake went in through the pop door during the day and waited until it had the chance. I now keep the door and pop door closed during the day, They lay in another coop that has never had a snake in it.

Back
Top Bottom