Lost my first girl

urbanchange90

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 11, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Today I woke up to go check on my littlest chicken named lady Von Lipton (barred rock) and she was dead. She had punctured her foot a couple days ago and I stopped the bleeding after awhile and wrapped her foot and yesterday morning when I changed the bandages there was no blood so I was happy to see the bleeding stopped and later in the day she was even up walking around and being her normal happy self so I was very hopeful. This morning has made me very sad and I am sorry to bum you guys out as well I just needed to talk about it since most people in real life would reply with it's just a chicken or are you gonna eat it?? But she was my little pet :( I'm now down to 5 total in my flock and I can tell one of my buff Orpingtons is sad and misses her since they were friends. Thanks for listening to me whine and sorry for bringing sadness to your morning lol

I'm so sorry you lost your little Lady Von Lipton. You came to the right place to share your sadness. (although folks often post about this in the "stories and pictures section") Most of us here at BYC know that each chicken is a unique character, so of course she is not "just" a chicken. Spend some extra time giving your chickens treats to lift your spirits some. I have found that the chickens help me feel better in times like these.

I'm so sorry about your baby.
hugs.gif
Yes we do understand here on BYC. I bet your other girls miss her too, as you stated. Animals do have feelings. Just know that you have given her a beautiful life.

That's a great name that you gave her!
hugs.gif
It's so sad to lose a pet. I know that they are not 'just a chicken'. Definitely spend time with your other chickens and celebrate the memories you have of Lady Von Lipton.

So sorry about lady von Lipton. Losing a chicken is heartbreaking :(.
Take some time to be sad it's ok to grieve over a beloved pet. Sending a big hug your way. :hugs
Your chicken loving friend :highfive:

Guysss. I know, today my little brother went to check on my two isas and one was decapitated...I was at my frienda house and heard about it when I called my mom. Lol I cant stop crying I literally miss my baby Squawk soo baddd aww

Yes, theyre my pets. I cuddle with them hahhaa. They even fall asleep in my arms . Its the mkst aforable thing everrr

Back
Top Bottom