Lost so many baby chicks!!!šŸ˜­

The food was a mix I made as well as hardboiled eggs. I have Celiac, so I couldn't have chick starter, as the chicks and their food was in my home.
I totally understand Celiac, my mom and brothers also have Celiac and finding a gluten free and celiac safe chicken feed is always so hard. We were able to find this one and it worked really well for our 4 fall chicks. I donā€™t know if this company ships, however.

I would definitely get them on a chick starter even if you have to find one online to buy. I love the idea of making your own feed and really want to one day myself, but those first days are always so fragile and hard, so I always just use a starter in the beginning. Good luck!šŸ˜ŠšŸ‘

Attachments

• F2EC4A72-6A28-4D88-BCB7-CC6628DF05E4.jpeg
    F2EC4A72-6A28-4D88-BCB7-CC6628DF05E4.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • 450E036A-7269-46CC-86BC-A04711CDBA5A.jpeg
    450E036A-7269-46CC-86BC-A04711CDBA5A.jpeg
    761.9 KB · Views: 4
I totally understand Celiac, my mom and brothers also have Celiac and finding a gluten free and celiac safe chicken feed is always so hard. We were able to find this one and it worked really well for our 4 fall chicks. I donā€™t know if this company ships, however.

I would definitely get them on a chick starter even if you have to find one online to buy. I love the idea of making your own feed and really want to one day myself, but those first days are always so fragile and hard, so I always just use a starter in the beginning. Good luck!šŸ˜ŠšŸ‘
Thank you!!!šŸ¤© I appreciate your offering an alternative.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
Unfortunately, it very likely was the diet plus temps. I'm glad someone found a feed you can use.
Garlic is toxic to birds, so I wouldn't use that in the future.
I donā€™t believe garlic is toxic to birds or at least chickens, I feed my girls garlic at least weekly as a natural worm and parasite preventative. They eat it right up, sometimes the flavor is to strong and some will not eat it, but I have never seen negative side affects to feeding my hens garlic. (At least that I know of) Iā€™d definitely make sure the amount is safe however, I usually only use 2-3 cloves for my 13 hen flock. ā¤ļøšŸ’• (BTW this is not a tested or proven ratio, itā€™s just what works for my girls and what I feel safe feeding them)

Thank you! I read this and it had great information! My chicks have a lot of yummy grains that are fermented with chick grit. And hardboiled eggs. They love those! I appreciate your advice.

I don't know enough about celiac to offer advice really.

I hope you are able to get the chicks sorted out so no more pass away. It's such a hard way to start keeping birds. :hugs

I'm so sorry for your loss.
Unfortunately, it very likely was the diet plus temps. I'm glad someone found a feed you can use.
Garlic is toxic to birds, so I wouldn't use that in the future.
Thank you for your thoughts. The thiosuplhate in garlic is super minimal compared to the benefits of garlic and I researched that a lot before even getting the chicks. I agree it was most likely the temperature as well as illness and injury.

Back
Top Bottom