"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

TexasChickMama, according to Mapquest, Coon is in between Ville PLatte and New Roads, but it must be awfully small because it isn't even listed on the map, lol!

MsBear, if you are in Nawlins on St Patty's Day, they usually have some awesome parades--they roll the Mardi Gras floats but throw green and gold paper cabbages & coins--have a few jazz bands marching--it's fun! you can keep that snow though.

Congrats on the pips CajunChick--I candled last night & have 39 remaining in my bator, hatch scheduled on the 19th. My friend from New York will be here for a short visit-she's never seen chicks hatch so should be a lot of fun! SHE is home today shoveling--5 inches on the ground & 16 predicted. I told her she could keep it there...

Quote:
That's what Im talking about
yippiechickie.gif

Ville Platte and New Roads are not very close together. I'm in between the two and have never heard of Coon.

The pips are getting bigger, but no zipping yet. This is like going through labor without the pain!! I'm staying in the house today..too excited to see my babies hatch.

I had a shock with my girls this morning...one of the "girls" was crowing!!! Oh well........anyone need a roo?

Quote:
That's what Im talking about
yippiechickie.gif

Oh that's the Irish/Italian parade! We go every year!! It's awesome and you leave with enough food for you and the chickens!! I've caught carrots, potatoes, cabbage, onions, moon pies, and tons of beads too! I'm Italian...so it's one of my faves! Well, except for the Saints Black and Gold Victory Parade!!

Hey I'm Italian too! We took my BIL & his family from Wisconsin to it one year--it was awesome!
LOL, like I said, Coon isn't actually listed on the mapquest map, but I aksed for directions to it from Alexandria (where I am) & if you drew an imaginary line in between Ville Platte and New Roads, it would be approximately halfway between the two. Maybe it doesn't really exist anymore?
The road we live on doesn't exist either, according to Mapquest....
lol.png

Oh Ok..I gotcha now! I used to work for an eye doctor from Alexandria. I don't go that way much, but I went to Shreveport last month and loved it!

Quote:
PAPER Cabbages?! Which parades are YOU going to? Because the NOLA St. Patty's Day Parade that I go to (Uptown), they throw REAL cabbages, carrots, and potatoes, and then we go home and make soup!
smile.png

Hey Erin....I am sure by St Patty's day, NO will still be partying! (Who Dat?!) It would be awesome for you to come and visit! I am enjoying the snow pics...and yes, you can keep that there LOL I have never been to the parades in NO...so I can't vouch if there are paper or real cabbages...LOL

Back
Top Bottom