"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Terri, I was looking for the notes that you gave me about your worming schedule and I can't find it. Do you still have that information so that you can copy and paste?

WORMING SCHEDULE FOR CHICKENS

WORM 4 TIMES A YEAR, EVERY 3 MONTHS.
ROTATE: WAZINE, IVOMEC, SAFEGUARD, VALBAZEN
DO NOT HAVE TO TOSS EGGS WHEN USING IVOMEC.
ALL OTHERS, TOSS EGGS FOR 2 WEEKS AFTER.

IVOMEC INJECTABLE (WHICH DOES NOT CONTAIN OIL & IS THEREFORE WATER SOLUBLE) 1% SOLUTION:

MIX 4 CC PER GALLON OF WATER (12 CC FOR A 3 GALLON WATERER) FOR 2 DAYS. MAKE A FRESH BATCH EA DAY.

IVERMECTRIN .5% USE 8 CC PER GALLON OF WATER.

TREAT AGAIN IN 2 WEEKS IF TREATING FOR LICE/MITES.

DRAW IT OUT, PUT IN WATERER & USE HOSE TO FILL UP & MIX WELL.

OTHERS FOLLOW DIRECTIONS ON LABEL.

SAFEGUARD 10% SUSPENSION LIQUID FOR GOATS: 3 CC PER GALLON OF WATER.

[COLOR=333333]For new birds/babies:

My first worming I use wazine and then during the necessary re-dose (you must always repeat piperazine worming) use the stronger wormer.  Then I use the stronger wormer twice annually for those birds thereafter

I worm chicks at four months with ivermectin and put them in rotation with the adults for twice yearly. If on “old ground” start with Wazine
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]The quest plus and zimectrin gold are pastes also for horses. Both contain praziquantel, used to kill tapeworms. The zimectrin gold also contains ivermectin. Dosage for both wormers is "BB" size for each chicken, both are inexpensive. Put on piece of bread & feed it to them individually. First time worming; I recommend wazine first, then use one of the other wormers 10-14 days later.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]For peas, same dosage as chickens (3 cc per gallon of water) use safeguard then a[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]2 week break, than Ivomec.[/COLOR]

:bow :bow :bow

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

I'm printing it out right now and will put in my 3 ring binder at home..

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :weee

I will suggest that everyone else do the same for your record keeping in case you can't remember the number of this post.

NOT saying that's the only way to worm -- I know everybody has their own variations, this is just what is most convenient and works for me.
I'm always open to anybody else's suggestions as to what they do - might be better than mine!

also, the notes on the quest plus & zimectrin gold are just some I found that I wanted to keep in case I ever decide to go that route. For mine, I use Wazine on the young ones first time, rotate after that with Ivomec & Safeguard.

Last edited:
I have been working on making sure my animal first aid kit and med kit is stocked up with meds/vaccines that are not expired, so I was wondering if everyone else is making sure that they have everything needed for their animals? It's good to have everything right there in the event you have an emergency you don't have to panic and try to get the the feed store or try to order meds to administer to your chickens or other animals.

I am printing out a lot of info and putting it in a 3 ring binder so that I can have it at my fingertips in the event of an animal emergency.
Is there a place I can find something like that to print up? I printed up the list of foods you can feed your chickens and also plants that are toxic to chickens and I have used both of them A LOT! Symtoms/medicines list would be nice.
love.gif

Awwwwwwwww.
love.gif
Before I had chickens, I would see human babies and it made me want more baby grandchildren (I have a 15 year old and a 9 year old). It was an Awwwwwwwwww
love.gif
feeling. NOW, I see baby chicks and I want more chicken babies. I get the same, exact Awwwwwwwwwwww
love.gif
feeling. I NEED A FLUFFY BUTT!!!!!!! I am going to wait until school is out so I can do some very cool imprinting, THEN, I HAVE to have more.

Last edited:
Congrats on the progress! Yes, it's "hurry up and wait" lol! Interesting observation on the "white tint".

Furniture stores are also good places to get big, sturdy crates.

Edited to add: John, space station ISS flyover tonight: rise time: 6:49:49 pm NNW, transit time: 6:53:09, max elevation 64 deg, magnitude -3.7 (very bright)!
64° Pretty good. I'll be in CCD but its towards the end so i'll be able to look.

7 pips. One is rocking so its about to be 8. Everytime I walk away they start chirping, and they stop when I get back so I can't tell which one.
hmm.png
One thing I don't like about this incubator is that there is a big fan right in the way of everything. Its hard to see anything underneath it or in the back.

We forgot Sav-A-Chick! Went to TSC the other day and forgot. I didn't use it for my other hatches so I wanted to try it. Oh well, BO's tend to go broody anyway. I'll get to use it soon enough.

WORMING SCHEDULE FOR CHICKENS

WORM 4 TIMES A YEAR, EVERY 3 MONTHS.
ROTATE: WAZINE, IVOMEC, SAFEGUARD, VALBAZEN
DO NOT HAVE TO TOSS EGGS WHEN USING IVOMEC.
ALL OTHERS, TOSS EGGS FOR 2 WEEKS AFTER.

IVOMEC INJECTABLE (WHICH DOES NOT CONTAIN OIL & IS THEREFORE WATER SOLUBLE) 1% SOLUTION:

MIX 4 CC PER GALLON OF WATER (12 CC FOR A 3 GALLON WATERER) FOR 2 DAYS. MAKE A FRESH BATCH EA DAY.

IVERMECTRIN .5% USE 8 CC PER GALLON OF WATER.

TREAT AGAIN IN 2 WEEKS IF TREATING FOR LICE/MITES.

DRAW IT OUT, PUT IN WATERER & USE HOSE TO FILL UP & MIX WELL.

OTHERS FOLLOW DIRECTIONS ON LABEL.

SAFEGUARD 10% SUSPENSION LIQUID FOR GOATS: 3 CC PER GALLON OF WATER.

For new birds/babies:
My first worming I use wazine and then during the necessary re-dose (you must always repeat piperazine worming) use the stronger wormer. Then I use the stronger wormer twice annually for those birds thereafter
I worm chicks at four months with ivermectin and put them in rotation with the adults for twice yearly. If on “old ground” start with Wazine

The quest plus and zimectrin gold are pastes also for horses. Both contain praziquantel, used to kill tapeworms. The zimectrin gold also contains ivermectin. Dosage for both wormers is "BB" size for each chicken, both are inexpensive. Put on piece of bread & feed it to them individually. First time worming; I recommend wazine first, then use one of the other wormers 10-14 days later.

For peas, same dosage as chickens (3 cc per gallon of water) use safeguard then a
2 week break, than Ivomec.
Okay. Another panic moment that I am being a bad chicken mommy. I have never wormed mine and they will be 1 year old in March. I did give them Sav-a-chick at the very beginning and Corid for a few months for bloody stool in the first few months, but stopped at about 4 months. So, you worm chickens even if they seem okay? I printed up the schedule in case I need to get started. Once again thank you for this thread!!
bow.gif

Last edited:
I have been working on making sure my animal first aid kit and med kit is stocked up with meds/vaccines that are not expired, so I was wondering if everyone else is making sure that they have everything needed for their animals? It's good to have everything right there in the event you have an emergency you don't have to panic and try to get the the feed store or try to order meds to administer to your chickens or other animals.

I am printing out a lot of info and putting it in a 3 ring binder so that I can have it at my fingertips in the event of an animal emergency.

Is there a place I can find something like that to print up?  I printed up the list of foods you can feed your chickens and also plants that are toxic to chickens and I have used both of them A LOT!  Symtoms/medicines list would be nice.  :love

Well, what I can do, I can get together a lot of stuff and put it in a word document and email to everyone who wants it once I have completed everything. The print outs that I have will include this such as the following: (this is just an example)

Diagnosis What To Do (to include meds)
How to de-worm
Lice and Mites
Sour Crop
Impacted Crop
Prolapsed Vent
Respiratory Problems
Eye Problems
Injuries
Wound Care
Coccidiosis
Eye Worms
Botulism
Foot and Leg Problems
Pasty Butt
Wry Neck
What To Have In Your First Aid Kit

If anyone would want this, just let me know and PM your email address and I can send it to you in a Word Document. And all you will have to do is print it out and put it in a safe place.

Hello yall sorry havent been popping in very often been crazy with a lil sick one. Was wandering if anyone around lc had any baby ducks looking for something i can raise then maybe eat later on thank yall and ill try to keep in touch a lil better :)

Back
Top Bottom