"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

TruBlu -- I used to go to band camp in Bethany!

I'm still feeling under the weather despite steroids, antibiotics, congestion meds, allergy meds, cough syrup (hydrocodone, no doubt), and two inhalers! Ughhh...sent hubby today to meet someone buying birds. Now I've got enough space in my smaller grow out pen to add in my bigger chicks. Some new friends get to hit the ground today. They should be happy to move out of the brooder.

Happy Saturday everyone!
I'm sorry you're feeling so yucky! I hope your meds work soon. Take care!

Checkin out the incubator. 42 cooking we will see how many hatch out. l
I love the sock monkey keeping a watchful eye.
gig.gif
Good luck with the hatch.

PM me if interested in this gander.

I will be putting this gray saddleback up for sale. He is a pure bred Sebastopol gander. His parents are both smooth breasted and, therefore, the genetics work out that when you breed a smooth X smooth you have a 25% chance of hatching a curly breasted gosling; 50% of the goslings will be smooth breasted; and a 25% chance that the gosling will be "flat". This gander's feathers are flat. If bred to a curly breasted goose all of the offspring would be smooth breasted. It would take a 2nd generation of breeding to a curly goose to get offspring that are 50% curly breasted and 50% smooth breasted.

The pros of this gander is that he is not aggressive toward people, he has very nice markings, and a BIG positive for him is that he carries the buff color gene which is very rare. He is what is referred to as a gray saddleback split-to-buff meaning that he can produce offspring in either gray or buff.

On the cons of this gander, he is two years old but is not a proven breeder. It is quite common that ganders will not produce offspring their 1st season but should be good breeders by age two. I had him with a white curly goose this spring but I did not hatch anything from them. The goose layed several soft eggs and those that had hard shells were very chalky and porous. Therefore, I don't know if the problem is with the goose or the gander, but regardless, he is not a proven breeder. Another con is that his feathers are flat.

This gander is a year old and is a brother to the gray saddleback above. The mother to this buff saddleback gander and the gray saddleback pictured above was my avatar that I lost last spring. The buff gander is NOT for sale. I simply put a picture of him for comparison to the gray saddleback. This buff gander is a smooth breasted sebastopol meaning his breast is smooth but he has curly/ruffled feathers on his back with some of the feathers streaming down his sides. This gander's father is also the father of the gray saddleback pictured above and is a gray saddleback/split-to-buff.

TruBlu -- I used to go to band camp in Bethany!

I'm still feeling under the weather despite steroids, antibiotics, congestion meds, allergy meds, cough syrup (hydrocodone, no doubt), and two inhalers! Ughhh...sent hubby today to meet someone buying birds. Now I've got enough space in my smaller grow out pen to add in my bigger chicks. Some new friends get to hit the ground today. They should be happy to move out of the brooder.

Happy Saturday everyone!
I am so sorry you are still sick. It's time for this to be over!!! Sending my very best get well wishes.

Back
Top Bottom