"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

So I hear this fight, a chicken fight I think, I hear a chick scream then the hens start yelling! Whaaaa? Not my girls! I check to see and the big girls have a snake that they are beating up! No roosters here, have had an egg shortage the last 3 weeks and think this guy tryin to escape the coop may be the culprit now not the heat?
So ya, they stomped him without so much of a warning for (maybe) trying for a chick... They were having none of that. I didn't even get a chance to save it and relocate if I wanted. I was shocked at my sweethearts protective behavior as a flock, but proud! Lol

Wow! That's a big snake!! I like a chicken that will kill a snake. Sorry to the snake lovers. My granddaughter and I had a big laugh last evening. A live cicada fell out of the tree in the chicken yard. Primrose got it and started running. It sounded like she had a buzzer in her beek. It wasn't quite dark and we could follow her around bec she was buzzing really loudly. Then the other girls went after her to steal it. That poor ciciada kept being passed around and buzzing. Then the buzzing stopped and everyone went back to kicking dirt. We laughed and laughed. Amanda wondered if we could hear it buzzing in her crop, but we couldn't. Lol

So I hear this fight, a chicken fight I think, I hear a chick scream then the hens start yelling! Whaaaa? Not my girls! I check to see and the big girls have a snake that they are beating up! No roosters here, have had an egg shortage the last 3 weeks and think this guy tryin to escape the coop may be the culprit now not the heat?
So ya, they stomped him without so much of a warning for (maybe) trying for a chick... They were having none of that. I didn't even get a chance to save it and relocate if I wanted. I was shocked at my sweethearts protective behavior as a flock, but proud! Lol

RIP Mr. Snake. Good job ladies!!!! :thumbsup

LOL @ have a snake they are beating up. :lau

Poor snake good hens. Wish mine would have done that when our friend the snake showed up. The rooster just looked at him.
wee.gif

So I hear this fight, a chicken fight I think, I hear a chick scream then the hens start yelling! Whaaaa? Not my girls! I check to see and the big girls have a snake that they are beating up! No roosters here, have had an egg shortage the last 3 weeks and think this guy tryin to escape the coop may be the culprit now not the heat? So ya, they stomped him without so much of a warning for (maybe) trying for a chick... They were having none of that. I didn't even get a chance to save it and relocate if I wanted. I was shocked at my sweethearts protective behavior as a flock, but proud! Lol
Poor snake good hens. Wish mine would have done that when our friend the snake showed up. The rooster just looked at him.
wee.gif
:yuckyuck :lau

Hahahaha @ the cicada! We have a ton here soooo loud they drown out conversation and no way phone calls can happen lol my dad thought they were electrical power lines when on the phone with him.
I enjoy reptiles as much as my chickens but I will not tolerate egg thiefs or chick eaters! I usually chase, hunt, fall down a few times trying to save um...this was scoop in a bucket and dispose of. The girls have no mercy!
Wow! That's a big snake!! I like a chicken that will kill a snake. Sorry to the snake lovers. My granddaughter and I had a big laugh last evening. A live cicada fell out of the tree in the chicken yard. Primrose got it and started running. It sounded like she had a buzzer in her beek. It wasn't quite dark and we could follow her around bec she was buzzing really loudly. Then the other girls went after her to steal it. That poor ciciada kept being passed around and buzzing. Then the buzzing stopped and everyone went back to kicking dirt. We laughed and laughed. Amanda wondered if we could hear it buzzing in her crop, but we couldn't. Lol

After reading everyone post about figs, it almost makes me feel guilty for throwing mine to the chickens and the dog each morning. Usually each morning is to pick 3 for me, 2 for the dog and 5 or 6 for the chickens.

Any idea why my chickens won't eat romaine lettuce or carrots? Is it just a personal preference thing?

Got tired of seeing my girls wait in line, so I built them a double decker box.

Back
Top Bottom