"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Does anyone know where to get the gasket/seal for canning jars with the clasps? I got a ton of them at a yard sale from pint to gallon in perfect condition for $0.50 each but they need the seal.

Williams Sonoma has them on sale rite now.
you can also google the jar brand most have web sites and sell direct to public. Pam

Thank you Pam! I went on the website for Williams Sonoma and got lost in all the things I now want to buy. I had never heard of them before and it seems they have just about everything I always wanted and never knew existed for the kitchen.

LOVE her beard! Awwww a bunny hug!
Out in the chicken yard and playing with the bunnies.

The last foto is Snow White that I got from ssterling from BYC. She's getting lots friendlier.

Williams Sonoma has them on sale rite now.
you can also google the jar brand most have web sites and sell direct to public. Pam

Yes they have a lot of nice things. Their mixes are expensive but I buy them when they go on sale. Their is a difference between a mix from the store and one that has the best ingredients . It's like I went to a fancy bakery. Except I made it warm out of the oven. Pam

All of our chicks are still very lively and growing good. They are becoming much more aware of their surroundings and running like a bat out of hell when we try to catch them to take a closer look or take a picture of them. Even Momma is becoming more testy with us. We managed to have a good look at each of them today anyway. One of the little black Cochin/Silkie mix chicks is showing strong signs of being a FRIZZLE!!! I love a frizzled chicken! And at least one of the Silkies is looking like a Splash. Its just like Christmas everyday out there ;)

I still have not gotten one egg from my lone Mottled Houdan hen. She better pony up or she may see have a freezer in her future. I have never had a hen hold out on me for this long!

Hey guys

RANT TIME
somad.gif

So Recently I decided I wanted to get some milk goats and branch into milk goats products like making my own butter and soap. We decided to get a pair of Nigerians and started looking around. I get a message from a guy that says he has nigerian bucks and does for sale, including 3 expecting mommas for a great price each (should have been my first warning). He also said he has young fainting goat nannies for sale, and the idea of a fainting goat got me and my daughter very excited. So we drove over 1 1/2 to Dequincy today to see these goats! Well we get to the address for him to step outside and direct us to an auction house about a mile away and tells us to ask for another guy. ?????? Needless to say he neglected to mention these animals were at a Livestock auction barn and that he buys and resells them, not breeds them .... Okay, we drive there and as this associate leads us to the goat pen. He does not even bother coming in person. The associate guy expressly says he has no idea what's what and no experience with goats. I am already getting pretty ticked. None of them looked like purebred anything (but a sheep) and there sure as heck weren't fainting goats. At the edge of the pen something catches my eye and I start to move closer. The "helper" is like "Ma'm don't go that way. Stop. We don't go over there..." I was NOT listening. I got close enough to confirm that there was a DEAD goat just laying there. The guy claimed to have not known that was there (why all of the STOPS! then?) And said it was probably old age. That was not an old goat. I immediately tell my husband "We are NOT buying any goats here. We are leaving." All of a sudden he's pointing out purebred goats left and right. This same guy who out of the gate "Knew absolutely nothing about goats or breeds".
somad.gif
So now I wasted a good Sunday and have a disappointed 3 year old. I don't care how much I have to spend, I am getting HEALTHY well bred, tame goats. I
WILL find a fainting nanny. Both me and my daughter were really excited about that even though it wasn't in the original plan.

On that note anyone know and Nigerian or Fainting goat breeders within central LA?

Hey guys

RANT TIME :mad:

So Recently I decided I wanted to get some milk goats and branch into milk goats products like making my own butter and soap. We decided to get a pair of Nigerians and started looking around. I get a message from a guy that says he has nigerian bucks and does for sale, including 3 expecting mommas for a great price each (should have been my first warning). He also said he has young fainting goat nannies for sale, and the idea of a fainting goat got me and my daughter very excited. So we drove over 1 1/2 to Dequincy today to see these goats! Well we get to the address for him to step outside and direct us to an auction house about a mile away and tells us to ask for another guy. ?????? Needless to say[COLOR=333333] he neglected to mention these animals were at a Livestock auction barn and that he buys and resells them, not breeds them[/COLOR]  .... Okay, we drive there and as this associate leads us to the goat pen. He does not even bother coming in person. [COLOR=333333]The associate guy expressly says he has no idea what's what and no experience with goats. I am already getting pretty ticked. None of them looked like purebred anything (but a sheep) and there sure as heck weren't fainting goats. At the edge of the pen something catches my eye and I start to move closer. The "helper" is like "Ma'm don't go that way. Stop. We don't go over there..." I was NOT listening. I got close enough to confirm that there was a [/COLOR][COLOR=333333]DEAD [/COLOR][COLOR=333333]goat just laying there. The guy claimed to have not known that was there ([/COLOR][COLOR=333333]why all of the STOPS! then?) [/COLOR][COLOR=333333]And said it was probably old age. That was not an old goat. I immediately tell my husband "We are [/COLOR][COLOR=333333]NOT [/COLOR][COLOR=333333]buying any goats here. We are leaving." All of a sudden he's pointing out purebred goats left and right. This same guy who out of the gate "Knew absolutely nothing about goats or breeds". [/COLOR][COLOR=333333]:mad: [/COLOR][COLOR=333333]  So now I wasted a good Sunday and have a disappointed 3 year old. I don't care how much I have to spend, I am getting HEALTHY well bred, tame goats. I [/COLOR][COLOR=333333]WILL[/COLOR][COLOR=333333] find a fainting nanny. Both me and my daughter were really excited about that even though it wasn't in the original plan. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]On that note anyone know and Nigerian or Fainting goat breeders within central LA? [/COLOR]

That is disgusting behavior!

I have a fb friend that breeds goats and they win blue ribbons at the fairs! I will check and see what breeds hers are. She might know a reputable breeder for the kind you want.

Here you go Terri. I put this guys father in a pen with some pullets and collected the first 2 eggs today for you! You should end up with some chicks that look like this. This pic was taken this morning of one of my birds going to BR!

He is about 8 months old and still needs to fill out a little more!

Chris

Back
Top Bottom