"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Good morning ya'll. You all have been busy chatting. I will try my best to go back and catch up.

Too much going on at my place right about now. I'm depressed. Too many babies being hatched out there. But I am able to sell some. I will be selling ALL of my adult ducks. Too many new babies. They have to go. I do not plan on plugging up the incubator AT ALL this year. Too much going on.

The extreme couponing has taken over and I need TO STOP. I need an intervention. My back room is about full. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to my addiction. Thanks for the coupons. I think I need to send more self addressed stamped envelopes to you all. I will get those out today. Whoops, but I just said that I need to stop, so why would I be sending out more stamped envelopes?
hide.gif

To give you all an idea of what I have been doing with the extreme couponing and the coupons that I get, here goes.

350 rolls of paper towels
200 rolls of toilet tissue
40 bottles of laundry detergent
100 tubes of toothpaste
200 toothbrushes
50 bars of soap
30 bottles of lotion
50 bottles of shampoo
50 bottle of conditioner
30 bottles of dishwashing liquid
25 bottles of BBQ sauce
100 bags of candy if not more
60 trays of Maruchan noodles
10 cases of soda
25 Bic Multi lighthers
100 packs of Brown Gravy
30 Pizzas
25 pizza rolls
100 bags of frozen veggies
20 bags of rice
10 boxes of cereal
10 bottles of seasoning

AND THE LIST GOES ON !!!!!!!
th.gif

It's time I STOP!!!

If anyone sees me in the store, please tell me to LEAVE because I have no business being in any store right about now.
hmm.png

Good to have you back. Let's just say that you've caught up with your shopping for a while. When you go grocery shopping make a list of things you need and STICK to the list. Leave coupons at home for a while. It's so easy to become obsessed with doing something. I have OCD and you should have seen me at Y2K time. Totally took over my life. When the world kept ticking I couldn't stop obsessing on saving, storing etc. I went to the DR to see why and that's when I found out that I had OCD. I do have to keep it in check. My DD watches me storing things now (for the chickens). She calls me a hoarder. But I've about got all the gallon OJ jugs I need now so I figure I'm ok.
lau.gif

We don't count birds round these parts :gig
We eat the noisy ones and free range. See those wild chickens over there?! :)
too many variables (in chicken math)
Chicks don't count till they're sexed.
Retirees & rescues don't count they've earned a safe haven.
Can't count roosters or meaties because well that's dinner growing in the garden! Duh!

So really, I think we have room for a few girls still no? :lau

Haha! In glad we don't because in that case I only have 15. Lol!!

while reading this, i was thinking "she was able to stay in nichols for 10-15 minutes?? WOW!" then i kept reading and saw it turned into almost an hour... thats more realistic. lol

Haha! Yea you know better than that girl! They really need to have it where you can order stuff online, because I found a few things I'm going to go back for in a few weeks.

I'm still battling something!!! My chickens look pitiful!!! I am at my wits end!!! I resprayed the coop last week and re-Frontlined the chickens too. I've put a ton of DE all in the coop as well. Just shoot me now!!!

Plus, I have a VERY stubborn blue orpington that is broody. I haven't been able to break her. She's not mean at all, but does the ruffled up fussing. I shoo her off the nest, and she'll run out and scratch and eat, but goes right back in. I do this several times a day. Plus, I'm not leaving any eggs in there.

Sevin dust might work.

The ONLY way I broke my broody Lav Am was to put her in my brooder box for a week by herself -- she was up off the ground so plenty of air circulation, NO nest, NO eggs around (she didn't lay during that week either) just food & water. She fussed 24/7 the entire week, but when I put her back in w/the rest, she was back to normal.

Well I'm in Texas right now visiting my husband who will be working over an extra week. Glad to see him since it's been 2 weeks already, but I am pretty excited to get back home since I am going to add eggs into the incubator an give it my best shot. Everyone please wish me luck! I am so nervous that I will do something wrong or just not have a good turn out. Hope everyone else gets everything back in line and gets to enjoy a little less stress for a while since I see almost everyone is dealing with something or the other. It was really nice meeting PSJ yesterday. She is so sweet and honestly is everything I thought she would be plus more. Hope to meet the rest of y'all soon!!

Good morning ya'll. You all have been busy chatting. I will try my best to go back and catch up.

Too much going on at my place right about now. I'm depressed. Too many babies being hatched out there. But I am able to sell some. I will be selling ALL of my adult ducks. Too many new babies. They have to go. I do not plan on plugging up the incubator AT ALL this year. Too much going on.

The extreme couponing has taken over and I need TO STOP. I need an intervention. My back room is about full. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to my addiction. Thanks for the coupons. I think I need to send more self addressed stamped envelopes to you all. I will get those out today. Whoops, but I just said that I need to stop, so why would I be sending out more stamped envelopes?
hide.gif

To give you all an idea of what I have been doing with the extreme couponing and the coupons that I get, here goes.

350 rolls of paper towels
200 rolls of toilet tissue
40 bottles of laundry detergent
100 tubes of toothpaste
200 toothbrushes
50 bars of soap
30 bottles of lotion
50 bottles of shampoo
50 bottle of conditioner
30 bottles of dishwashing liquid
25 bottles of BBQ sauce
100 bags of candy if not more
60 trays of Maruchan noodles
10 cases of soda
25 Bic Multi lighthers
100 packs of Brown Gravy
30 Pizzas
25 pizza rolls
100 bags of frozen veggies
20 bags of rice
10 boxes of cereal
10 bottles of seasoning

AND THE LIST GOES ON !!!!!!!
th.gif

It's time I STOP!!!

If anyone sees me in the store, please tell me to LEAVE because I have no business being in any store right about now.
hmm.png

OK you have enough for a while! and enough to donate to some of the shelters!
You need to leave some stuff on the shelves for other people!
It's the Scovies; they are affecting your mind & putting you into overload. Evil ducks!

Well I'm in Texas right now visiting my husband who will be working over an extra week. Glad to see him since it's been 2 weeks already, but I am pretty excited to get back home since I am going to add eggs into the incubator an give it my best shot. Everyone please wish me luck! I am so nervous that I will do something wrong or just not have a good turn out. Hope everyone else gets everything back in line and gets to enjoy a little less stress for a while since I see almost everyone is dealing with something or the other. It was really nice meeting PSJ yesterday. She is so sweet and honestly is everything I thought she would be plus more. Hope to meet the rest of y'all soon!!

Good luck, honey, I'm doing it for the first time too. I ordered a $3 reptile temp gauge from Amazon with a probe that I plugged into a water wiggler. It gives the most accurate reading when placed top of the eggs.

I'm still battling something!!! My chickens look pitiful!!! I am at my wits end!!! I resprayed the coop last week and re-Frontlined the chickens too. I've put a ton of DE all in the coop as well. Just shoot me now!!!

Plus, I have a VERY stubborn blue orpington that is broody. I haven't been able to break her. She's not mean at all, but does the ruffled up fussing. I shoo her off the nest, and she'll run out and scratch and eat, but goes right back in. I do this several times a day. Plus, I'm not leaving any eggs in there.

Do you feed fermented feed? My babies are so healthy. See this article:

http://tikktok.wordpress.com/2014/04/13/fermented-feed-faq/

Back
Top Bottom