"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Btw, I'm from East Central LA. I'm not near as experienced as most of the others here. They give great advice.

Speaking of advice: I made me a chart for my incubator, well 2. One for candle day notes and the other for keeping track of when I turn my eggs and the temp/humidity at the time of turn. Anyway I was wondering if I could see some of y'all's charts/logs to see if I'm missing anything or need to make any changes to mine?

See my halo?! >>> O;-) :lau

Why do I not have an angel smiley icon? My have to make one! Hmmmm
I'm quit sure your not and as far as dirty minds your probably back in the pecking order. Lol!! Right Angeiicisi? LMAO!

Last edited:
I have a couple of chickens that came with the property we bought and we added some white leg horns 16 to be exact including a rooster 24 muscovy ducks, and 2 silkie chicks, one silkie rooster(also a Lil guy) and six brown egg layers one of them to be a new Hampshire looking for a new Hampshire rooster, my husband likes how big they get

It's weird I would have never pictured myself in this area of the state's maybe California I've lived out there for 2 years

WHAT a culture shock this must have been?
lau.gif
I was a city girl from BIG Shreveport back in the day. Moved to the sticks It was a big difference to me. But that was years ago. When I worked in Shreveport, nobody spoke in the halls or on the street. I started working in Minden (super tiny) and all at once people that I didn't even know started speaking to me on the streets. And I immediately went from Linda to Miss Linda. Everybody calls me that. Including my SIL Minden is small but mighty. More films are made there than anywhere else (looking for a small town) in the south. I live in Haughton which is halfway between the two.
First thing to do NycGrl is learn to relax. Have fun and learn what is available around here. Not what you are used to by any means, but maybe you can learn to love where you are.
hugs.gif

I have a couple of chickens that came with the property we bought and we added some white leg horns 16 to be exact including a rooster 24 muscovy ducks, and 2 silkie chicks, one silkie rooster(also a Lil guy) and six brown egg layers one of them to be a new Hampshire looking for a new Hampshire rooster, my husband likes how big they get

Love the New Hampshires. And with the cockerel you can have sex links with a white rock or delaware. Any barring kind. Just noticed you're in Lafayette. Love that town. Only visited it once but has a more update feel to it like the southern cities.

How did you wind up in La. With chickens? How come no green eggs. Pam

Back
Top Bottom