"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Morning, y'all. LeBlanc (near Kinder) checking in for the first time!
big_smile.png
So nice to see so many "neighbors" around.

I've got a small flock: five barnyard pullets, a black copper marans, a 3-week RIR in the "brooder" (bathtub), and five speckled sussex in quarantine. We're only keeping seven, so I've got the difficult job of making choices over the next few weeks.

I have family coming over today, so I tried to spend the morning getting all the girls fresh for company, of course got myself all mucky in the process. IT'S SO HUMID TODAY. This is the first time any family has come to meet my girls, and I want them to have good impressions. They don't have chickens, so they don't understand.

Though, I've only been "chicken people" for three weeks.
wink.png

Happy Labor Day!
Welcome!! I've decided that you are either "chicken people" or your not! lol... People seem to decide pretty quickly. I have friends that act like the ckickens are deadly beasts! lol...It's always fun to introduce your girls to new people. I feel like a proud mama...

Welcome!!  I've decided that you are either "chicken people" or  your not!  lol...  People seem to decide pretty quickly.  I have friends that act like the ckickens are deadly beasts!  lol...It's always fun to introduce your girls to new people.  I feel like a proud mama...

Ditto on chicken people. But you do get converts once they see their fun to watch. And they give you nutrious delishious eggs. Fresh eggs nothing like the grocery sometimes the eggs at the grocery are a month old before hitting the shelf.
Craked have you started your new coop yet? Can't wait to see it.

Welcome!!  I've decided that you are either "chicken people" or  your not!  lol...  People seem to decide pretty quickly.  I have friends that act like the ckickens are deadly beasts!  lol...It's always fun to introduce your girls to new people.  I feel like a proud mama...

FYI- I have three mature Roos right now looking for a home for the phenox pair. Back to my point no horn dog harries here. All getting along and no attacking people. I read an article on training them. Which is basically like dogs. Your the alpha.

I have 3 more that aren't mature. One needs a home it's a cream legbar x black copper marens. The poulet will lay olive eggs. So the roo should have that gene. They are pretty but I only want 3 total at this time.

I'll be getting rid of one of the three cream legbar Roos once the other 2 mature. I bought the older one for buggles but she said no thank you. Which was fine. I already have him spoken for once the others are mature. Pam

Me too but I have no way to get it. I think the drug companies lobby to keep it illegal cancer is big business and he has good insurance . They don't want people to have access to natural low cost alternative treatments. Pam

Really look into research on turmeric and Bioperine. You need the bioperine to make your body absorb the turmeric. It is said to be one of the 5 most powerful foods for curing cancer. Even if it doesn't, maybe it will ease the body better. Read up on it.

http://www.amazon.com/Eden-Pond-Tur...=UTF8&qid=1409603516&sr=1-1&keywords=turmeric

http://www.amazon.com/Source-Natura...UTF8&qid=1409603709&sr=1-1&keywords=bioperine

Take in the morning with a vitamin tablet.
Try to get him off carbs. They turn into sugar that directly feeds the cancer cells. Just what I have heard. Trying to help. Love you girl.
hugs.gif

SMOOTHIES?????? Lordy man, dont tell my future hubby about that.... he may retire from work sooner than expected!!!!!!

I TOTALLY caught Doug, yep, outside holding my Clarabelle, she was being all loving and so was he!!!!! Stroking her behind her ear and talking to her. It was so cute!

So, hardly anyone laying for quite some time. I had been worried, so I served BOSS more often. Nothing. Checked for bugs, worms, etc... nothing.
Bought different bag of feed this time that I ferment mixed with grass and beans, garlic, cayenne, and other veges...WHALLA!!!
Two days later, 11 eggs! And 10 eggs at least per day since.... no more brown bag of feed for this ol chic!!! Or them for that matter!

Yea!!!! I'm up to 5 a day with my new layers. Twelve girls up and coming.
wee.gif

I don't know about whether converts can catch chicken coo coo passion, but I do know the first time I ever saws chicken walk across a yard I heard angels sing and saw rainbows. I was completely smitten and my passion only grows. I LOVE chickens!'

X2except for the 71 birds. You went from 24 to 71 at the speed of light.
lau.gif
You know chicken math, started with 20, 4 weeks later got 20 more, 4 weeks later, i got 11, then i the 5 EEs, and then i took the 25 rescue birds, Are you really making me do this,, now going the other way, do i have to be prcise on my numbers, 79- the 4 i harvested=75 - (1BSL,-1 Lefty- 1RIR-1WL) 4 = 71, i still can count, so 71 is it and i started on March 21st.

My wife and I just celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary yesterday - right in the middle of the second worst rainy day we've had this summer - many roads flooded in the Lake Charles area.. And tons of friends came anyway! Family and friends came in from California, Iowa, Florida, Texas and many places in Louisiana. Our five children, and all but two of our 19 grandchildren were here. (One just started college at Abilene Christian, and one had to report back to the Naval Academy.) My grandparents and parents, and my wife's parents had all celebrated their 50th, and we thought they were SO OLD when they did that...hahaha.

My 8 girls experienced an unusual day too - due to the almost continual rain - sometimes very heavy, I didn't let them out of the coop for the first time in 3 weeks. They are fully feathered, but I knew they would get soaked in a short time. I'm wondering what y'all do with your girls (and boys) on days when things are much less severe - that is on days when it drizzles most of the day. Are yours smart enough to know when to get out of the rain? There's no older members of the flock to guide mine, so I remain concerned about such conditions, which have been pretty common here this August.

One more thing - I've read and seen many pictures here of folks whose chickens allow them to held, and indeed seek out such attention. Starting about 2 weeks ago, one of my girls approached me after eating. I wondered if she thought I had something else to eat, or actually wanted attention. I reached out to pick her up, fully expecting to see her quickly shy away as all the others have, but she didn't move. I picked her up and she remained quite calm, even singing me a little song as I talked to her and stroked her feathers. :) I was surprised, pleased and curious at the same time. Since then, she approaches me almost every day, and accepts this special attention. None of the others have demonstrated such behavior, and indeed shy away any time I touch them, or reach to pick them up. This remains a real curiosity to me as to why one will do that, but none of the others. All are RIRs, are the same age, and so close in color and size that I can't tell them apart. So, each time she has to approach me for me to know it is she. I want to do something to make her easier to visually identify from the rest of the flock.

Anyway, finished a late card game and about to fall asleep - remaining members of our family leave tomorrow - all good things must come to an end, sadly.

The blessings that God has given us are so overwhelming.
Congratulations on your aniversary!!!! Such devotion... it is so honorable to be that ind of couple.. I praise you both!

Chickens are kinda like any other animal, human children included. Just never know what is in someone's genetics to determine their personality. Some dogs are sweet, some are sissies, some are devoted to death... Chickens are the same, sometimes you get ones that yearn for acceptance and affection and they will flock to you for all they can get. I haven't found many, but I would say 1 out of every 15 I have hatched want to be held... whether I have trained them since hatch or not. Those become my favs, as well as a good protective and providing Rooster.
Just enjoy them, and baby them I say. Little extra treats for loving behavior is a norm at my house!

Really look into research on turmeric and Bioperine.  You need the bioperine to make your body absorb the turmeric.   It is said to be one of the 5 most powerful foods for curing cancer.  Even if it doesn't, maybe it will ease the body better.  Read up on it.  

http://www.amazon.com/Eden-Pond-Turmeric-Curcumin-Capsules/dp/B00BI8OG2Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1409603516&sr=1-1&keywords=turmeric

http://www.amazon.com/Source-Naturals-Bioperine-Extract-Tablets/dp/B00020I3DY/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1409603709&sr=1-1&keywords=bioperine

Take in the morning with a vitamin tablet.  
Try to get him off carbs.  They turn into sugar that directly feeds the cancer cells.  Just what I  have heard.    Trying to help.   Love you girl.    :hugs

Thank you co much! I have a friend that's an oncoligest she told me about the carbs and mentioned eating ginger, cinnamon ,garlic,and lemongrass. She also said after I told her my dad's story and she thought it's probly been his pancreas all along that it regulates insulin. They told him he had diabeatus he was on meds for that and high blood pressure. That his pancreas was killing his liver that's why he had jaundas. This is what made them do more test. I have done reading on the turmeric it can't hurt and it's good for the liver. Thanks for sharing. Pam

You know chicken math, started with 20, 4 weeks later got 20 more, 4 weeks later, i got 11, then i the 5 EEs, and then i took the 25 rescue birds, Are you really making me do this,, now going the other way, do i have to be prcise on my numbers, 79- the 4 i harvested=75 - (1BSL,-1 Lefty- 1RIR-1WL) 4 = 71, i still can count, so 71 is it and i started on March 21st.

Winner winner chicken dinner.LOL

Back
Top Bottom