"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Whosin town Saturday and wants to process 30 chickens? Lol I'm thinking of taking on the task. :th quick talk me outta it!

This morning we doubled our chicken population :cd
(chicks are a variable in chicken math that equal "zero" I've decided :gig and meat chicks are a negative so yay! :lau)

Here's the lil survivor packing peanut from a CX order a few months back. Pretty guy. Loves to cuddle. Like a cat tho, has already attacked me for wrong spot to scratch so I'm almost sure he's a roo lol

One of my new layers leaves me these lil eggs lol

A lot of people on a meat thread were having issue with bunnies eating their young.
Each had an underlying cause (stress, predator near, malnutrition) but was becoming a daily posting by different people :th
I found this and laughed so hard...still do. I'm posted it and was flogged. :gig only one like n and that was on our own page by our Southern Fairy Godmother! :lau so I don't think it counts!

In other news...rabbit bucks throw blanks in high heat. Why didn't I know this before? Ug.
And my eldest bucks hips are hopped out, time to eat him. :( he's getting lame in his hind quarters from a bad hip and vet says its age (over 5 vet thinks we should dispatch, large breeds tend to poop out sooner) hmmmm I'm stalling, hubby mentioned it again last week lol

I lost my favorite chicken :'( my ameraucana.
Found her dead in the coop. Rip Blondie.
She was my morning chicken hugger.

Oh, no!! Sweet Blondie! What do you think happened?

Whosin town Saturday and wants to process 30 chickens? Lol I'm thinking of taking on the task. :th quick talk me outta it!

This morning we doubled our chicken population :cd
(chicks are a variable in chicken math that equal "zero" I've decided :gig and meat chicks are a negative so yay! :lau)

Here's the lil survivor packing peanut from a CX order a few months back. Pretty guy. Loves to cuddle. Like a cat tho, has already attacked me for wrong spot to scratch so I'm almost sure he's a roo lol

One of my new layers leaves me these lil eggs lol

A lot of people on a meat thread were having issue with bunnies eating their young.
Each had an underlying cause (stress, predator near, malnutrition) but was becoming a daily posting by different people :th
I found this and laughed so hard...still do. I'm posted it and was flogged. :gig only one like n and that was on our own page by our Southern Fairy Godmother! :lau so I don't think it counts!

In other news...rabbit bucks throw blanks in high heat. Why didn't I know this before? Ug.
And my eldest bucks hips are hopped out, time to eat him. :( he's getting lame in his hind quarters from a bad hip and vet says its age (over 5 vet thinks we should dispatch, large breeds tend to poop out sooner) hmmmm I'm stalling, hubby mentioned it again last week lol

I lost my favorite chicken :'( my ameraucana.
Found her dead in the coop. Rip Blondie.
She was my morning chicken hugger.

I'm so sorry angel! I know how much you loved her. :hit :hit :hit

No not Blondie!!! Awww honey I am so sorry, you will indeed miss those hugs.....

Cool down sounds like something my common sense should have thought of long ago!!!!! Gonna pass on the spritz tho, our humidity is already pretty high. I put 27 in, 2 weren't fertilized, 6 were already dead.

OKAY, so question... are my Roosters and a couple hens feathers all thinned out from fighting or feather eating? Not broken off, just thinned each one... all still attached.
No mites, lice etc. Though the problem DID arise while they were on the Egg Laying Strike.... Also will they full back out or do we have to wait until next molt for a whole new fully covered feather to grow in. I am just not sure HOW feathers grow... like a plant.... once a leaf yellows there is no return?? LOL

No not Blondie!!!   Awww honey I am so sorry, you will indeed miss those hugs.....

Cool down sounds like something my common sense should have thought of long ago!!!!!  Gonna pass on the spritz tho, our humidity is already pretty high.  I put 27 in, 2 weren't fertilized, 6 were already dead.  

OKAY, so question...  are my Roosters and a couple hens feathers all thinned out from fighting or feather eating?   Not broken off, just thinned each one... all still attached.  
No mites, lice etc.  Though the problem DID arise while they were on the Egg Laying Strike....    Also will they full back out or do we have to wait until next molt for a whole new fully covered feather to grow in.  I am just not sure HOW feathers grow...  like a plant.... once a leaf yellows there is no return?? LOL

When mine ate feathers, in a lot of cases the nub of the feather was still there. The feathers haven't grown back, so I'm quessing it will take a molt. I stopped the feather eating by upping protein for a while. I didn't have mites and there were no wounds. Then I caught one plucking the feathers off the face of my Amercaunas while the Amercaunas just stood there and let it happen until they lost all their beards.
1f629.png

Well, It's day 21 and eggs are ahatching. White Plymouth Rocks that I bought on here. The fellow said they were going to grow BIG. So excited. Then two have hatched and they aren't yellow. They are black with some brown underlay. These are replacements for the scrambled ones. I think I've been skunked. They said rock on them. We'll see. sigh

Back
Top Bottom