"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Hi, from Haughton, La, New to the form, oops posted twice
welcome-byc.gif

Hi, from Haughton, La, New to the form, oops posted twice

Yea Pennie, I'm from Haughton myself. Good to have you on here. Come often and we can help you with questions or suggestions. What type of chickens do you have or are interested in. I'm into White Plymouth Rocks and got me some goodies today. If you ever want to see the difference in hatchery and good heritage by a breeder, I'll try to get pics. I have 4 rocks already and these birds are at least 30% or more bigger and so blindingly white.
thumbsup.gif

Update: The first picture is from the other day. My coop is in the background.

The other two pictures is of what I found today after work. I think it is a King Snake eating a Copperhead. I locked my chickens out of the coop for the night (They are still in a caged in area). I hope the king snake will finish his meal and then run off by morning. I am not a fan of snakes but the king snake is doing a good job at protecting the chickens from others. I got home late today and all of the chickens were inside the coop with the snake and were fine. They are freaking out more now that they cannot get into the coop at night, lol.

Last edited:
Update: The first picture is from the other day. My coop is in the background. The other two pictures is of what I found today after work. I think it is a King Snake eating a Copperhead. I locked my chickens out of the coop for the night (They are still in a caged in area). I hope the king snake will finish his meal and then run off by morning. I am not a fan of snakes but the king snake is doing a good job at protecting the chickens from others. I got home late today and all of the chickens were inside the coop with the snake and were fine. They are freaking out more now that they cannot get into the coop at night, lol.
I don't think King snakes are a good thing for chickens and eggs.

Back
Top Bottom