"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

19 hatched in the first bator I have another bator with 20 more that should hatch on Feb 13th

wanted to share a picture of my baby bed Brooder that I used this winter. I have made a makeshift roof outside where it will be placed for the upcoming warm weather months. It has been an awesome inside brooder. and a couple pictures of my babies and babies to be. If anyone would like fertile americana eggs please let me know. I also have 3 week old chicks that are healthy and happy. And I always have them incubating and hatching. The two roos are blue wheaton...

My rooster's comb appears worse. When I looked out the window this morning, I actually thought those first two spikes were gone. I'm going to isolate him today, and give it some time to recover.

Poor guy :( Our 2 red Cochin cockerels decided a couple of days ago to do some fighting. Ugh! Came out and found them both with blood in their feet and combs and had to separate them for most of the day. They have been pretty peaceful since. I him the older one had yo put the younger one in his place. That younger one had a nicer biddy shape, but he sure can be a turd when he wants to. He prayed for it by getting a small tear in one of his wattles. I noticed he is now keeping good distance from the other guy, lol.

Ugh, I think the heating element on the bator is messing up or something. No matter how much I turn the thing I can't get it up past 85°!!! I take back every recommendation for the Brinea Octagon 20 I have ever made. The first one I had that did this was used so I figured "Oh well, it was old" and replaced it. This one I used for a year and then it sat in the closet for a year and less then one day in it's going out on me. I am firing up the Farm Innovators and hoping I can save some of these eggs and that is hasn't decided to crap out too.
fl.gif
hit.gif

Ugh, I think the heating element on the bator is messing up or something. No matter how much I turn the thing I can't get it up past 85°!!! I take back every recommendation for the Brinea Octagon 20 I have ever made. The first one I had that did this was used so I figured "Oh well, it was old" and replaced it. This one I used for a year and then it sat in the closet for a year and less then one day in it's going out on me. I am firing up the Farm Innovators and hoping I can save some of these eggs and that is hasn't decided to crap out too. :fl  :hit

Wow. That is a bummer. Are you going to contact brinsea and see if they will fix it for you??

wanted to share a picture of my baby bed Brooder that I used this winter. I have made a makeshift roof outside where it will be placed for the upcoming warm weather months. It has been an awesome inside brooder. and a couple pictures of my babies and babies to be. If anyone would like fertile americana eggs please let me know. I also have 3 week old chicks that are healthy and happy. And I always have them incubating and hatching. The two roos are blue wheaton...

I really hate this woman that I bought these eggs from and I usually don't use the word hate! But when I have weak baby birds that cannot make it out of the shell, it really really makes me mad. First of all I ordered black cochins and she sends me 8 bantam amerucanas and 6 assorted bantom and 4 black cochins because I waited for 4 weeks. I candle my eggs when I get them to look for cracks and to make sure that the air pocket is intact well I ended up with one black coachin and two assorted bantam and 2 bantam amerucanas. the rest were either old or scrambled. They were supposed to hatch 4 days ago and they started pipping this morning. They are very weak and not chirpping and I have one that pipped at the wrong end. I tried to assist and immediately blood!!
I'm sitting one evening and decide to Google pictures of black coachin and what do I find, the same exact picture that is up on her eBay listing!!! and one of the bantam amerucana does not look right When candled. It is 25 days in the incubator and appears with the growth of 2 weeks. ITS ALIVE!! WHAT TO DO ABOUT THAT ONE??? Now i will be up all night trying to assist weak chicks. I hatch my own all the time. They come popping out at 20 days happy and healthy. Oh, then I see she has 3 other listings with different pictures and the same seller name. I am frustrated!

I really hate this woman that I bought these eggs from and I usually don't use the word hate! But when I have weak baby birds that cannot make it out of the shell, it really really makes me mad. First of all I ordered black cochins and she sends me 8 bantam amerucanas and 6 assorted bantom and 4 black cochins because I waited for 4 weeks. I candle my eggs when I get them to look for cracks and to make sure that the air pocket is intact well I ended up with one black coachin and two assorted bantam and 2 bantam amerucanas. the rest were either old or scrambled. They were supposed to hatch 4 days ago and they started pipping this morning. They are very weak and not chirpping and I have one that pipped at the wrong end. I tried to assist and immediately blood!!
I'm sitting one evening and decide to Google pictures of black coachin and what do I find, the same exact picture that is up on her eBay listing!!! and one of the bantam amerucana does not look right When candled. It is 25 days in the incubator and appears with the growth of 2 weeks. ITS ALIVE!! WHAT TO DO ABOUT THAT ONE??? Now i will be up all night trying to assist weak chicks. I hatch my own all the time. They come popping out at 20 days happy and healthy. Oh, then I see she has 3 other listings with different pictures and the same seller name. I am frustrated!

I've seen a couple of reports of people having their personal pictures, of their really nice show birds copied and used by other people on places like ebay for advertising purposes. That really stinks when things don't come out like you want. Shipped eggs are a gamble even if you know the breeder is reputable. Sorry this happened, I know that has to be really stressful!!! I have a pair of really nice black cochin bantams, but we won't have any extra eggs for quite awhile I am sure.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom