"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

This was their first experience with chickens. They came from a family member that raises them and had given them 5 they weren't there 24 hours before all but one died. I didn't read about the vanilla so I just dragged my son outside to spray some around the coop and on them. At least till the morning when I can maybe go get something to spray from tractor supply to spray their coop down with.

The vanilla extract will only work as long as the scent lasts which isn't long. We got some permethrin (?sp). Mix and spray birds and yard. It works.

no,it wasn't something they had.the nagts killed them.they call them bull gnats.we had two Silkies that almost died because of them.they suck there blood and eat the chickens.they will even suffocate them by clogging there nostrils.there horrible horrible here.

Where they your chickens? Did you see them? Are you a vet? Did you take them to have a necropsy done? How many years experience with chicken do you have? The only way to know is with a necropsy. :smack Pam

Where they your chickens? Did you see them? Are you a vet? Did you take them to have a necropsy done? How many years experience with chicken do you have? The only way to know is with a necropsy. :smack Pam
exude me don't slaps me with an emojo.we witnessed this.they where all over our Silkies.

exude me don't slaps me with an emojo.we witnessed this.they where all over our Silkies.

Silkies are docile birds that die easily If you saw them why not save them? It's excuse me. I try to help people with my experience which is many years. I am polite about it. I can post any emoji I please. I'm happy to engage with you and help you if you need it. Just remember you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.Pam

Silkies are docile birds that die easily If you saw them why not save them? It's excuse me. I try to help people with my experience which is many years. I am polite about it. I can post any emoji I please. I'm happy to engage with you and help you if you need it. Just remember you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.Pam
I did save them.they are happy and healthy now.thank u . How many years

Hi, Pam. Actually chicken hawk could be right. In some areas of LA there are lots of buffalo gnats swarming and lots of people have reported deaths of chickens. We have them here but not as bad as some areas and we had to spray our yard and birds to protect them. The gnats were biting and drinking their blood. Imagine what a serious swarm of gnats could do. :) See, you are never too experienced to learn something new.

Hi, Pam. Actually chicken hawk could be right. In some areas of LA there are lots of buffalo gnats swarming and lots of people have reported deaths of chickens. We have them here but not as bad as some areas and we had to spray our yard and birds to protect them. The gnats were biting and drinking their blood. Imagine what a serious swarm of gnats could do. :) See, you are never too experienced to learn something new.

Never said I was too experienced to learn something new. I learn something new every day. This person said they were new to chickens had just got them and all but one had died. Could be gnats but you don't know that and either do I. No way to know the cause with of death without a necropsy. My problem with him is you can disagree with someone just be polite He's a teenage kid from what I've heard which is fine just be respectful of others. He isn't and has done some things I won't discuss in public. For now I've blocked him so please don't quote this post. If you do He'll see it. P M me or reply without quoting. Pam

Back
Top Bottom