"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Never said I was too experienced to learn something new. I learn something new every day. This person said they were new to chickens had just got them and all but one had died. Could be gnats but you don't know that and either do I. No way to know the cause with of death without a necropsy. My problem with him is you can disagree with someone just be polite He's a teenage kid from what I've heard which is fine just be respectful of others. He isn't and has done some things I won't discuss in public. For now I've blocked him so please don't quote this post. If you do He'll see it. P M me or reply without quoting. Pam
wow,not even right.

wow,not even right.

Chicken hawk 33,
I have read about the bull gnats and the possibility of death, usually in areas close to lots of water/swamps and anything is possible. I hope whatever the cause it can be handled so that there are no more losses.
Just FYI, Pam is a very experienced chicken keeper and a wealth of knowledge and information that she freely shares with us here. I know her personally and have tremendous respect for her.
I do not know you or what you experience level is, but I do know that it is always better to treat people with respect than to be arrogant to them. They may be the very ones that can help you in the future.

Chicken hawk 33,
I have read about the bull gnats and the possibility of death, usually in areas close to lots of water/swamps and anything is possible. I hope whatever the cause it can be handled so that there are no more losses.
Just FYI, Pam is a very experienced chicken keeper and a wealth of knowledge and information that she freely shares with us here. I know her personally and have tremendous respect for her.
I do not know you or what you experience level is, but I do know that it is always better to treat people with respect than to be arrogant to them. They may be the very ones that can help you in the future.
I,wants trying to be mean.but she came at me saying no way the gnats did that.when I witnessed it happening to my Silkies.and we helped them.I'm sorry if I did something wrong but I think she should apologize too.

Well, apparently I missed something important and stirred a mess pot. So sorry, didn't mean to do that at all. I am a little dense at times and miss the little things, so please forgive me if I did anything wrong.
hit.gif

I have found everyone here to have loads of information they have been more than happy to pass on to help others. I for one appreciate that. One thing about chicken folk, they all like to talk chicken.
big_smile.png

Update on me, my Americana started laying pretty blue eggs soon after her first few eggs were greenish. So, your best guess is as good as mine. I hatched one of her eggs and have the prettiest little chick, it is black with whitish/yellow belly and a faint whitish/yellow spot on her head. She was mated to my CCL. So this chick is definitely an Easter Egger and should lay blue eggs, right? Since she lays blue and the CCL lay blue...

Oh, and Lakones, we are almost finished with our quad condo. Finally. We are the slowest builders alive, yes we are. Thank you so much for the wood/tin from your old coop, it was put to good use. When completed, not sure when, I will post pics.

Hope everyone is doing well!
frow.gif

Ive been very quiet on here and very busy! Chicks are popping like popcorn and eggs are out the wazoo. We had a terrible problem with gnats the past few days and have had to spray permithrin and put fans on a few of the cages. The gnats were so bad that they were biting us as well and leaving huge welts. I found a post from the Agcenter saying its a nasty outbreak of turkey gnats that is killing many birds. The gnats don't handle hot weather well so they should only last a few more weeks. After we treated the property and birds, egg production rose back up from zero percent to full steam in the Marans pen. I've also got my first wyandottes hatching out in the next few days and I couldn't be happier.

We organized the room we incubate and hatch in, and it looks pretty spiffy now. We also finished the framing for the new half of the barn and just need to slap some runners and tin on it. We want to add 3 more stalls to it, but our main goal was getting the new half up and roofed so that there is more shade for the horses.

I'll have to share photos of everything with y'all tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom