"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

My turkeys have fowl pox but not my chickens is there anything I can do to help them

Is it wet pox or dry pox? I would vaccinate my chickens immediately. I found this information on Emergencies/Diseases under Wet and Dry fowl pox XXX rated graphic pics on BYC by Kuntrygirl. Thought this might be helpful.

Quote:
Edited by kuntrygirl - 8/26/13 at 12:41pm

Last edited:
That may be so but pox is spread by mosquitos so if a mosquito bites your turkey and then goes to your chicken pen, you may have a huge problem. Definitely do a search on fowl pox whether on the net or here on BYC because there is a lot of helpful info out there. So sorry to hear that though. I hope they don't get it too bad.

Last edited:
My turkeys get it ever year but my chickens don't i bought all the small turkeys I have n they were 4 weeks old can I vaccines for next time I buy some more or hatch my own eggs

My turkeys get it ever year but my chickens don't i bought all the small turkeys I have n they were 4 weeks old can I vaccines for next time I buy some more or hatch my own eggs

Yes you can vaccinate for pox at any time but I didn't know they could get it more than once unless you are talking about New additions each year. I got mine from jeffers for 20.00 because this area is prone to get it. If you are unsure of how to administer the vaccine via wing web, there are good videos youtube.

Last edited:
My older chickens I vaccinated last year. They did get the pox last year but it wasn't bad. My new ones I did not vaccinate and they seem to have more scabs than my older ones did last year.

Is it wet pox or dry pox?  I would vaccinate my chickens immediately.  I found this information on Emergencies/Diseases under Wet and Dry fowl pox XXX rated graphic pics on BYC by Kuntrygirl.  Thought this might be helpful.

Edited by kuntrygirl - 8/26/13 at 12:41pm

I was here when she posted this. She has so much good info. Made me laugh everyday.. Wish she would come back. Pam

Back
Top Bottom