"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Is if normal for a chicken to throw up after drinking when you pick her up? Or is she sick? An easter egger i just bought from a swap did this. He said he accidentally squeezed her when he picked her up. It looked clear so its probably water but i dont want to accidentally get my flock sick. She also looks like shes missing feathers around her eyes but ive heard thats normal.

Is if normal for a chicken to throw up after drinking when you pick her up? Or is she sick? An easter egger i just bought from a swap did this. He said he accidentally squeezed her when he picked her up. It looked clear so its probably water but i dont want to accidentally get my flock sick. She also looks like shes missing feathers around her eyes but ive heard thats normal.

Chickens don't have the esophageal sphincter like we do, so it's common for them to lose water like that if handled when they're full of water. If she's new you should have her in quarantine for a minimum of 30 days.

Does anybody need some silkie roosters I have 5-6 to get rid of for free I have paint golden birchen white buff blue black

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom