"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Glad you popped in! Yes, I have LOTS of honas. I haven't had much luck selling any. I have the pair from you, and I have a trio or quad from the other breeder. So I have a good starter flock I think. I'm trying to breed for straight combs, so I'm only keeping the very darkest/blackest with the tallest straight comb. Really helps me decide. This is my favorite upcoming cock. He's the offspring of the pair I got from you.

Ragnar (the cock I got from you) moved himself to the layer coop and I let him stay. So I've also got some pretty mixes from him:

Hona/cochin;

Hona/ee:

They are so pretty! I've sold more eggs then live birds. I have two broodies that just hatched some chicks. My roo's have straight combs. The hens have straight combs on most of them but I have had a few that started out straight then at about 9 to ten months they flop over. I may have to try some mixes they"re are good looking. Pam

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
I haven't been around much, my days are spent rebuilding from the flood, but I usually get to visit my flock a couple times a week. Can't wait to finish the house so I can build a new cool and bring them home! I do have some eggs in the baton due to hatch today!!!

Hello everyone in louisiana land. I finally was able to get the bobcat problem solved. Actually it was hit by a truck on the road so I didn't have to trap or kill it myself. All total it killed 60 chickens, 12 ducks and 8 guinnea. I am just glad it is gone. Hope everyone has a great day

Dropping in to say Hi here - I miss having my chickens a LOT - still have 2 male guineas trucking around. I miss my peas even more. Hope everybody is having a nice Thanksgiving-Christmas-New Years holiday season.

They are so pretty! I've sold more eggs then live birds. I have two broodies that just hatched some chicks. My roo's have straight combs. The hens have straight combs on most of them but I have had a few that started out straight then at about 9 to ten months they flop over. I may have to try some mixes they"re are good looking. Pam
. Hi! Beautiful birds!
I am looking to get a rooster for protection of my hens? Are you selling any of these beauties? I'd like the lighter colored ones. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom