"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Wow! What a big handsome fellow.

Thank You i love them :) i have 3 toddlers also so when i say the sweetness of this breed was a requirement, i mean it. Unfortunately theyre not very good duel purpous chickens, they lay well, but the cockrels are All bones with only the tiniest bit of meat to em.

Another note, if your looking to Sell eggs i find that often customers complain about bantam eggs. Just might be a lil somethin to keep under your hat while you determine what you'd like to do

Mrs shaw are those cayuga ducks or black swedes? :love the chaos picture

Yes or yes? The eggs were donated to the camp in February from a lady who had lots of breeds running together. I ended up with 7 babies and they’re laying now. I’m getting white, green, and one black eggs.

So they could have bred true, or they could be mixed. I have a pair that looks pekin, a pair that looks Swedish, and three odd balls.

These are the three Ameraucana/EEs I picked up today.
One chipmunk, one brownish blue, and one cream colored one. I put them in the same brooder as my three 4wk old BCM and I think the EEs are at the top of the pecking order already. :) They are very healthy chicks, just a little camera shy!
47F37B2A-B802-4BD7-9EAD-2DF08C7D8B7E.jpeg

These are the three Ameraucana/EEs I picked up today.
One chipmunk, one brownish blue, and one cream colored one. I put them in the same brooder as my three 4wk old BCM and I think the EEs are at the top of the pecking order already. :) They are very healthy chicks, just a little camera shy!
View attachment 1883072
So cute!...... NO, NO, NO!!! Oh, sorry... that is just me telling myself I cannot get ANYMORE!! :D

Oh sure you can! Petrus Feed & Seed, Alexandria, La. It’s only about a 3 hour drive. They have a bunch left!

Their chicks ARE from privett, unless they changed hatcheries in the last year! I have to stay out of that place, bc I just want to buy one of everything each time I go in there. My local feed store only gets chicks in the spring and only gets a few types at a time. I go in Petrus and they've got welsummers, wyandottes, silkies, Sicilian buttercups, EE (though they call them ameracauna- privett sells them as this) and so many more. I'm like a kid in a candy store!

Yep, I knew they were EEs before I bought them. Privett is honest in their description of them.
At Petrus, the lady and her daughter that work in the bird area know their chickens. I’ve never had a problem with anything from the store.

Oh they absolutely are! I hope it didn't sound like I was saying otherwise. I just was trying to be specific in my own description. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom