"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Two new broodies. :barnie Marilyn, the cochin, has already hatched once this year. The black pullet only started laying last month.
EFC87E0F-3BE7-4B88-BAFD-89C17613140A.jpeg

This dog showed up on my road two weeks ago. She was thin but now I can see her ribs, so I’m feeding her. I’m worried she’ll follow me home and get my birds.
1F5C3462-64F0-4F0B-9CEE-302E9AE4FA90.png
3149BF01-A247-4F13-8BB4-210C9A3CFF5D.png

Oh poor baby......She looks like a fox hound/beagle mix to me. If so, do be careful. They're bred to tree prey and hunt with their noses. I have one and he's got a fence between him and my chickens. The first few weeks they were near each other he hurled himself at the fence trying to get him...

Oh poor baby......She looks like a fox hound/beagle mix to me. If so, do be careful. They're bred to tree prey and hunt with their noses. I have one and he's got a fence between him and my chickens. The first few weeks they were near each other he hurled himself at the fence trying to get him...

I was thinking walker hound, and my neighbor said the same when he came to pick her up. He’s a cattleman and his elderly dogs have all passed. She’ll be a good fit for him.

My fellow coonazziz and fellow chicken nuts might get a kick out of this....
Got a bunch of mixed pullets from Tractor Supply this spring (18 but down to 10 eh sht happens)....jut started laying eggs late last week. not consistent yet but did get a BIG double yolked brown one last Friday! dont know what girl made it yet. ANNNNYAY.... I have one SPOILED brat that is named Princess.
She always follows me inside and torments our 86# Labrador, Rottweiler or Doberman mix rescue his name is b
Bacon btw another story behind that name. She came in the house after us the other day and her feet were muddy because it rains just about every day in the swamp right?. She loves being in the house as all them were raised in the brooder in the back bathroom...that's another story altogether (wife issues with chickens in bathroom lol) So i decided to put her in the Jacuzzi tub to rinse her feet....then had a brain fart....Mango soap and a Jacuzzi. Called our boys in to see...wee all laffn our buts off then Angie come in to see wth is going on.....YOU HAVE A CHICKEN IN THE JACUZZI???!!!!! EPIC! And to top it off when i took her out to dry off she turned around and jumped back in. Will attach pictures if i can. might be to large file size.

Attachments

• 20190902_204638.jpg
    20190902_204638.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 11
I have 2 bielefelder roosters. hatched Aug. 31 available in the Houma, Morgan City, Franklin LA area.
if interested shoot me a pm. Cute lil buggers, just don't want roosters because of really awesome nice neighbors that i don't want to upset with the crowing. Us either for that matter. LOL Boys are the light colored ones. come from an excellent bloodline. Look up Skywalker on ebay. NO white earlobes that indicate not a true breed. This is the second batch of hatching eggs from him. Awesome breeder. If you have an incubator buy some from him!

Attachments

• 20190905_025458.jpg
    20190905_025458.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20190905_025502.jpg
    20190905_025502.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 8
Got a bunch of mixed pullets from Tractor Supply this spring (18 but down to 10 eh sht happens)....jut started laying eggs late last week. not consistent yet but did get a BIG double yolked brown one last Friday! dont know what girl made it yet. ANNNNYAY.... I have one SPOILED brat that is named Princess.
She always follows me inside and torments our 86# Labrador, Rottweiler or Doberman mix rescue his name is b
Bacon btw another story behind that name. She came in the house after us the other day and her feet were muddy because it rains just about every day in the swamp right?. She loves being in the house as all them were raised in the brooder in the back bathroom...that's another story altogether (wife issues with chickens in bathroom lol) So i decided to put her in the Jacuzzi tub to rinse her feet....then had a brain fart....Mango soap and a Jacuzzi. Called our boys in to see...wee all laffn our buts off then Angie come in to see wth is going on.....YOU HAVE A CHICKEN IN THE JACUZZI???!!!!! EPIC! And to top it off when i took her out to dry off she turned around and jumped back in. Will attach pictures if i can. might be to large file size.
That’s great!

Btw, where do you duck hunt? We have a camp in Myrtle Grove...

Back
Top Bottom