"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Hey guys! Long time no see. Unfortunately I had to get rid of my chickens a couple years ago due to moving to a house with 0 back yard but after some serious work I have been able to build my coop for my 2nd flock! I got my chicks in from Meyer Hatchery last week and we have been doing great so far.

My flock consists of an Easter Egger , Rhode Island Red, Golden Laced Wyandotte, Barred Rock and 2 White Leghorns (sent a 2nd one for free). My wife wasn't all that happy about the extra bird but she didn't make me cull so I was as happy as can be.

Can't wait to get back to the community because my wife can't stand to hear me talk much more about chickens and I'm a bit obsessive. In BR but shhhhh don't tell anyone with my twice the legal limit. My chicken math all works out.

The coop picture is before I finished the hardware cloth on the run but that's complete now. We are working on names and should have them done this week.

chickens and coop.png

Hey guys! Long time no see. Unfortunately I had to get rid of my chickens a couple years ago due to moving to a house with 0 back yard but after some serious work I have been able to build my coop for my 2nd flock! I got my chicks in from Meyer Hatchery last week and we have been doing great so far.

My flock consists of an Easter Egger , Rhode Island Red, Golden Laced Wyandotte, Barred Rock and 2 White Leghorns (sent a 2nd one for free). My wife wasn't all that happy about the extra bird but she didn't make me cull so I was as happy as can be.

Can't wait to get back to the community because my wife can't stand to hear me talk much more about chickens and I'm a bit obsessive. In BR but shhhhh don't tell anyone with my twice the legal limit. My chicken math all works out.

The coop picture is before I finished the hardware cloth on the run but that's complete now. We are working on names and should have them done this week.

View attachment 1947931

:frow welcome back from just west of port allen :)

Nice coop! Wish you had bought local birds. Have you heard about the Denham Springs livestock swap? Ive been back for about a year, that swap has gotten Huuuuge!

View attachment 1947931

Glad your back in the chicken business! I’m an ex BR resident. Back then, one of my neighbors had chickens. I’m sure they had over the limit also but no one cared because you could barely hear the hens over all the neighborhood dogs.

Hi all. I’m currently still over in Allen parish, but in the next few weeks we’ll be moving to Haughton. It all happened very quickly. I need to regime all of my farm. I have a few goats, about 40 chickens of various ages and breeds, and two small flocks of ducks and muscovies. I can’t deliver. Any reasonable offer will be entertained. Pm me if you’d like more info.

Back
Top Bottom