"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif

I have RIR and Black Austrolorp roos if you get close to Shreveport

Barred babies goos luck with the processing
Does DH dove or duck hunt
Its basicly the same process

lamike........to get my flock going i just might drive up there ......its worth it .....gimme some prices

I am also looking for someone to process my Barred Rock roos for me or just to take them off my hands. They are only 3 weeks old (and very sweet) so we are trying not to get attached!! I have to have it figured out before they start to crow since we are a little bit illegal up here in NW Louisiana.

Anyone one want some Barred Rock Roosters?

Quote:
Where up here in NW louisiana are you I am in Haughton

Manoz pm me about them roos you make it I will give them to you
They are young just so you know but almost ready
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
@Manoz: I have 4 (maybe 5) Barred Rock Roosters. They are 3 weeks old today. One is a bully, and one is super sweet and looks like he is really going to be pretty. Where are you??

I haven't had the opportunity to read through all 94 pages of this thread yet, but wanted to say "Hey!"

We live near Lake Charles in the southwest corner of the state. We had chickens years ago but got discouraged when we kept loosing them to the coyotes no matter what we did. We're fixing to move to another location (just a bit farther north) and hoping to get started up again. We'll be able to have the animals nearer to the house so we can keep a closer eye on them.

I'm hoping to get Buff Orpingtons, Delaware & Black Australorp - which I hear do well in the heat.

~Holly~

Quote:
Hi Holly &
welcome-byc.gif
those coyotes are the dickens -- the only way we could get around them was building "Chicken Ft. Knox" - six foot 2x4 non-climeable fence on landscape timbers with deer netting over the top. The coop is closer to the house & outside dusk to dawn lights & maybe that helps too. My Welsummers and Blue Andalusians do well in the heat - hatched both from eggs from BYCers here. We're in central La.

Hey guys. I just posted a bunch of roos on CL but wanted to let you guys know about them too. BYC'ers get priority and everything but the cochins are free for fellow posters.

Here is a list of what I have:
Black Copper Marans (breed the Marans with your easter egger hens and the resulting babies will lay olive colored eggs) -Not hatchery stock
Wheaten Marans
Bantam red pyle Old English Game
Cuckoo Marans -Not Hatchery stock
Easter Eggers (bantam)
Golden Sebright
Barred Rock babies (males only) These are FREE!!!
bantam cochins (1 partridge, 1 silver penciled, 1 self blue)

Email if interested. I can deliver or meet you somewhere if the distance is reasonable. All of my roos are handled daily and have not had behavior problems as of yet.

Edited to add- I know this isn't BST but I thought some locals might be interested.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom