What brand is it? I have two Premier One heat plates and love them.

I love your accent too. Is that southern France? Possibly Occitanie Pyrenees?

What brand is it? I have two Premier One heat plates and love them.

I love your accent too. Is that southern France? Possibly Occitanie Pyrenees?
It’s a RentACoop. I was not sure what brand to buy. So compared prices, reviews and next day delivery on amazon.
so far so good.
Thank you for the accent. I am born and raised in Paris, and living in Texas for a few years already.

OK. Nice to know.
I hatch chicks about 9 or 10 months out of the year. I have 2 huge homemade Ohio brooders for up to 150 chicks between the two of them but haven't used them in years. I rely almost exclusively on the two heat plates. I have heat lamps and ceramic heat emitters but haven't used them in a few years either.
So I got the accent wrong. I worked with exchange students from Paris but traveled throughout the south of France from Provence and Mont Blanc to the Pyrenees.

Very nice update, @Littlefrenchyinbigtexas !

Now you are all set up for success. :yesss:

ETA: Be careful not to let the waterer run dry as they will get digestive problems when not able to drink all the time.
Yes, you are totally right. The ducks are going through the water so so fast.... I need to add more every few hours. Waiting for temperatures to increase to separate ducks and chicks. Only one plate... they need to share...

How long did it take for your heating plate to heat up?
I have the same one and it's been heating up for 1 hour and I barely feel any heat coming from it (I touched the underside of it too and feels barely warm).

Back
Top Bottom