Loving my babies and want to share pictures!

Amanda39

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 14, 2014
White Lake, Michigan
Hi everyone! I went to the farm today in which I received my original eggs from. This is my first time to the farm so I was excited!

When I got there, I saw the Embden geese and Pekin ducks in which I currently have 1 each of. However, if you remember, Moose looks nothing like his buddies Levi and Lucy. So I walked around in the pouring rain and found 1 pair of geese that there were no other like. This HAS to be the parents of Moose. They were just walking around hissing at everyone. Man are they huge! Anyway, they were not on any nest nor did they have any babies.

It's really weird, these ducks and geese just randomly drop eggs everywhere!! I saw only 2 geese on nests!

Anyway, I took a picture of them. They are the only ones on the farm, the rest are All embden and Pekin. Can someone please tell me which breed of Goose they are?

Here are the others in which I have..

Anyway, the farmer said the eggs are collected rehulary, to go ahead and take any ones I want. So I randomly walked around the farm picking up duck and goose eggs. It was pouring rain and storming, so I went quickly.

I came home with 7 goose eggs and 6 duck eggs. After rinsing the mud/manure off of them, I wanted to candle them before putting them in the bator. 5 of the 7 goose eggs I picked were fertilized and dead. 2 were days from hatching. They were freezing cold as they were laying out in the rain. I threw them away. The remaining 2 goose eggs had no development, so I put them in the bator with all 6 duck eggs that looked fine.

I don't think I will get any more eggs from this farm. It was kinda far away and there really is no variety. He said I'm welcome to buy any eggs I want off the net, hatch them and bring them to the farm to live. I told him he needs more variety LOL

Anyway, if any of these eggs hatch, I'll bring them to him at about 3 weeks. Levi, Moose and Lucy, and the other 2 original eggs in the hatching process now will stay with us until August.

Here are my babies today, I couldn't take them outside today, we had thunderstorms all day and tornado warnings. But, we got TONS of snuggle time, play time and bath time in. In fact, the girls are still snuggling with them! They were totally fine with their diapers on, however, I didn't put them on right because they were squirting it out just above the back of the diaper. Oh well, at least it didn't bother them LOL

We are trying to get the cats involved so they understand they are not prey! LOL

I'll upload a video to youtube shortly.

Back
Top Bottom