Lucasville Flea Market 2014

This is the new chicken coop we built top row is finished there is going to be another row put under the top one :) then they will be 8 I will also be building 8 house to put inside these chicken pens with a light in each one. :)

Those are nice set-ups. :) I'll definitely know you if I see you there, can't mistake that wagon! I'd love to take a wagon to carry crates, but the only one I have is a big yard cart that definitely won't fit in the car, so I'll be the one hauling crates back and forth to the car lol.
The pens are nice, too. Wish DH would get his bum in gear and build me breeder pens. They look pretty tall/hard to reach, but I think that may be the angle and because I'm thinking your house looks very much like mine, but mine sits much higher off the ground.

Yea the breeding pens are tall we are going to build me a step thing on the front of it working on a design for it after we get the second row of breeder pens under the ones we have already completed. I have to stand on a step ladder right now until we get the step thing added on. I am glad to have a wagon to take with us this year with racks on them. We took this same wagon last year with us but we didn't have the racks built on it. The first time we went to this that how we were trying to hold ever thing we had bought and trying to make it back to the truck with our hands full packing crates and cages. It's hard on you trying to walk that far and buy and try to keep shopping you just end up having to take stuff back to the truck. I went last year to get me a pygmy goat and we ended up not getting to go on Saturday but Sunday and everything had been picked through already all the female goats had been sold all anyone had left was boy ones. So It's best to go in April on Saturday is what we have found. I love going to this I a so excited love to see all the animals that is offered for sale. I got to pet and see some alpacas last year I got some pics I will post when we went last year and the year before.

This was the second time we went we actually got into the flea market. The first time we went the traffic was so bad we could not get in to even go. But we found out a better way to get into it why were there the first time we went there is a trick on how to get in. Go past it and get in the other lane this was when they had it at the old Lucasville Ohio location this was 2012. I was feeding Jersey cows :) what I don't buy I get to feed and pet :)

This was 2013 I had to go over and see and pet the alpacas :) I had just got my wagon that year :) it did come in handy.

Hehe, I live in the boonies way behind the fairground, so I never had to drive the highway to get in, just come down the back road. Much easier for me. I would drive up the highway usually just to check out traffic after I left, and it was ridiculous. Backed up for miles and miles. Poor folks. I suspect the one next weekend here, that SOPA is not running, will still be huge. Hopefully a little less crowded, though.
I would get there Saturday when the gates open and found a lot of good stuff was already gone where folks would come in on Friday after set-up and pick through, so I'll be going to Chillicothe tomorrow instead of Saturday (maybe Saturday, too, hurhur). I think they'll open to the public about 1 tomorrow. Not sure if the one here next weekend will let you in on Friday or not.

I remember the alpacas. :D Some day..some day..hehe. Good luck!

Last edited:
Yea a lot of people go up Friday instead of Saturday but Friday or Saturday is way better than going on a Sunday. I ended up last year having to go on Sunday I was going to go on Saturday and something came up spur of the moment we couldn't get out doing so we didn't get to go on Saturday and had to go Sunday. But I have learned to go Friday/Saturday if you are going to buy animals. Friday/Saturday is the best times Sundays is useless to travel 4hrs to go to it because it really has been picked through on certain animals goats is one. I got a friend he gets a booth up there every April he said the month of April is the best month to even go to the swap if you want to go. He takes animals up there every year to sale he goes up on Fridays and he stays till Sunday then he packs it up and heads back home he is going this year too. I always figured you got better prices on animals in October over the winter months is coming up soon and most people don't want stuck with everything to have to take care of during the winter months. But I got a good deal on my Cochins last year I got a pair of smooth coated white Cochin bantams off this one lady for $15.00. I have met some really nice people up there at the swap days I am going to load my truck up with my wagon and cages Friday so I wont have to do it at 3:00 am in the morning. We will make our sleepy eyed 4hr trip and I will be thinking of what els I might want to bring back home along the way with plenty of coffee :)

Hi All ! I can't sleep. I'm to eggcited about going to what we will still call " Lucasville Flea Market " in the morning. You just never know what you will come out of there with. I;ve got my yellow wagon ready to roll and I think I'll take a bird box with me just in case I find a lavender male Guinea for my girl. hummmm, I could use a SLY roo also. There are always so many birds/poultry, I love it !!! I better get to sleep cause leaving at 7:00 am. I hope if anyone else is going that we will find just what we are looking for at a great deal.

I will be coming to Lucasville Ohio swap meet on april 18 and 19 i will be bringing sabastopol goslings i have a total of 9 at the present time i will be set up across from the poultry building I drive a red truck with ky tags my email is [email protected]

I went up to Chillicothe yesterday (Friday) around 3 and practically no one was there. Only a handful of vendors set up. So went again today. We only had a limited amount of time today, so we left here at 7 thinking we'd get in at 8, spend a couple hours, and be out by 10. Hahahaha.. I forgot about traffic, since I never really had to deal with it down here in Lucasville. We started off backed up 2 miles away from the grounds, and it took us 2 hours to make it those 2 miles. Torturous. Used about every drop of gas left in my tank. So we really had to rush around. Didn't get to see everything, which sucks since I was looking for certain things/vendors, which I didn't find. It was worth it, though. Although I didn't get what I was going for specifically, I did being home a couple more runner ducklings, a pair of beautiful whites doves, and this little sweetheart (Embden gosling) <3

I'd love to go back tomorrow to finish looking through everything, but don't really want to wait another 2 hours to get in. So I'll probably skip it and go to the "new" one down here next weekend.

Anyone happen to find showgirls up there today? I only saw one vendor selling a handful of them, but they wanted way too much for them. I was hoping to find some folks that had a bunch of them last April, but didn't see them today. Was looking for female guineas, too, but couldn't find any cheap enough.

I will be coming to Lucasville Ohio swap meet on april 18 and 19 i will be bringing sabastopol goslings  i have a total of 9 at the present time i will be set up across from the poultry building  I drive a red truck with ky tags my email is [email protected]

How much are you asking for your goslings? :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom