Lump on lower eyelid

Little Tala Bug

Songster
Feb 19, 2023
Scotland
Hi BYC,

Does anyone know what this lump is on Henrietta's lower eyelid?

20230611_233758.jpg

I noticed her lid wasn't entirely normal a couple weeks ago when she was hatching her chicks.

One of them pecked her eye, but I honestly didn't notice if the chick pecked it because there was already a lump, or if the peck was the cause of the lump... there was so much going on at the time. I had to remove the chick cos she pecked it back and drew blood, so that was my priority.

It has gotten a bit rounder in the last few days, but it doesn't seem inflamed and she doesn't seem upset by it. She's eating, drinking, pooping, bathing, and mothering normally.

There are no other visible lumps anywhere that I can see, and I haven't noticed anything on the rest of the flock or chicks.

It could be a papilloma or a small cyst. I would watch it to see if it grows or changes color, especially if the center becomes black with a crater. Otherwise, if it stays the same, it is probably not a big deal.

It could be a papilloma or a small cyst. I would watch it to see if it grows or changes color, especially if the center becomes black with a crater. Otherwise, if it stays the same, it is probably not a big deal.
Thank you. I'll monitor it for changes in the coming weeks.

Hi! My chicken has a similar bump. Has your girl’s eye changed at all? Did you figure anything out?
It shrank a fair bit since posting. Never got infected or inflamed. Her eyelid isn't 100% normal but the lump is small and unremarkable. She seems to be in fantastic health so I'm not concerned about it anymore. I hope the same for your chicken!

Back
Top Bottom