Lump on my girl's back!

VBorders

In the Brooder
Feb 14, 2015
Help! My pretty girl has a lump on her back, but it's under the skin. No feathers have fallen out. She keeps squatting like she needs to poop, but nothing comes out. I've looked underneath, but it doesn't look like there's anything wrong under there. She's 20 weeks, hasn't laid an egg yet. She's been squatting when we approach her for the last 2 days, but it may bee from the pain. This is my first 20 weeks with chickens! Please advise!

Does the lump feel soft or firm like a cyst or hard like a boney prominence? Do you see any scabs on the skin when you part the feathers? There can be bone deformities in the spine that can cause a hunchback appearance.

Does the lump feel soft or firm like a cyst or hard like a boney prominence? Do you see any scabs on the skin when you part the feathers? There can be bone deformities in the spine that can cause a hunchback appearance.
it's just come up! It seems firm, not soft. She's walking very delicately. She just crouched again and looked like a large something was trying to pass. I've never seen a hen lay an egg, so I don't know if that's what's happening. It was a clearish white bulbous looking thing. Please tell me she's trying to lay an egg! Haha but don't they typically lay in the mornings?

Back
Top Bottom