M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...ahh, nevermind....Mississippi

Pics
Does anyone have any black or blue oprington chickens that I can buy eggs from to hatch or a few for sale. I am on the Mississippi gulf coast
Clarissa

Hi, I live in Memphis TN, but I have some friends that live in Olive Branch that where thinking about getting some chickens. After researching they found out that its against city ordinances to have chickens there. They are bunched up in the group with livestock and stuff. I know multiple cities and counties are changing there codes and ordinances to allow hens. Do you know if there are is anything going for Olive Branch. They would like to be included. They were planning on building a coop and getting chickens. But when they realized the fine can be $500 and jailtime. any info would be appriciated. Thanks!

I live in Byhalia, MS but we are desoto county, and we have tons of chickens. My in laws live in Olive Branch and there are 2 people in there neighborhood with chickens, they just don't have any Roo's. I tried looking up the laws and couldn't find anything on it. I thought it was just certain neighborhoods that had restrictions but I could be wrong? Sorry I'm not much help.
idunno.gif

Hello everyone!

My name is Mandi, and I'm in Polkville, MS (just south of Morton). I had pet chickens as a little girl (silkies) and when my husband and I moved to the country last year I was able to talk him into letting me have a few more. We have 3 Barred Rocks and 3 White Rocks, all hens that are 23 weeks old.. some of them are laying, and some not quite yet! I have actually been a member of BYC for several months now, but I mostly lurk and use the search to answer my questions. It only occurred to me tonight to see what other chicken lovers might be on here from MS! I hope y'all will forgive me if I can't read all the previous pages of this thread lol

Aside from our girls, we have adopted a few neighborhood pets, including an Australian shepherd named Copper, a yorkie named Scrappy and a grey tabby cat named Tiger. They roam the countryside, but they spend their nights on our back porch. We also have a human pet, 3 year old Ethan :)

Hey from Laurel! My poor chickens are so hot, and the forecast doesn't show it cooling off anytime soon - well, except the high is supposed to be down to 98 this weekend...we may have to pull out the sweaters and electric blankets!

Hey, you still around? I'm in Laurel, and was wondering if you know of any reputable poultry breeders here. The store I got my Dominiques from a couple of years ago went out of business, and would like to buy local if possible. I have a number for a breeder out towards Sandersville but don't know how reputable he is.

--Chris

Thanks for the link, Mandy.

Bit the bullet and went out to the breeder in NE Jones County. Gentleman has a nice poultry breeding outfit set up, and sells beautiful Rhode Island Reds, Barred Rocks, Dominickers, and Buff Orps, as well as bantams, guineas, and I'm not sure what else. I brought home an absolutely wonderful Buff Orp rooster, big fluffy fellow only about 7 months old.

Back
Top Bottom