M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...ahh, nevermind....Mississippi

Pics
Yes I think I do have it bad. I used to to wonder why people went nuts over chickens and would go to the post office at 530 in the morning to pick up chicks. Now I guess I'm a chicken nut. I am supposed to get my Brinsea mini advanced bator in the mail tomorrow. I've never tried anything like this, but I'm super excited. If I can successfully hatch any eggs, I would like to gather hatching eggs from different people in MS. I really want some golden and silver laced wyandottes and maybe some salmon favorolles, and a few lavender Orpingtons.

Is there any hope? :lol:

Yes I think I do have it bad. I used to to wonder why people went nuts over chickens and would go to the post office at 530 in the morning to pick up chicks. Now I guess I'm a chicken nut. I am supposed to get my Brinsea mini advanced bator in the mail tomorrow. I've never tried anything like this, but I'm super excited. If I can successfully hatch any eggs, I would like to gather hatching eggs from different people in MS. I really want some golden and silver laced wyandottes and maybe some salmon favorolles, and a few lavender Orpingtons.
Is there any hope?
lol.png
You are doomed. Welcome to the club. Hope you find all the eggs you are looking for. Mine are not pure bred because I have an EE/Light Brahma rooster. I guess that does make the chicks EEs since EEs are muts anyway. Good luck with your incubator!

i can help you out with the lavender orp eggs, also have some chicks right now if you would rather have them already hatched. message me if you are interested

I am raising some silkies now that are almost 2 months old, and I have some silkie chicks in my bator due to hatch April 7th I plan on selling. I live in Byhalia, MS. I don't know how far that is from you?

My husband said that way is too far from our home. Anyway Do you still have silkie chicks available??? I just started to raise chicks and has two of white silkies about 18 weeks old. I would like to have more silkie.

Hello fellow Mississippians, I've got a pair of birds I'm wanting to let go for the best offer. These birds are pure Shamo, to my knowledge I am the only one with Shamo in the whole state, at least ones that are not obviously crosses as I have seen before. The hen is pure Jim Zook line, if you have researched Shamo then you should know who Jim Zook is. The cock is her son, his father is Will Roberts/Dr. Sapaphor blood, Will Roberts and Jim Zook basically are the same line but the father also came from Jim Zook as well.

The cock is missing a few feathers on his chest/possibly neck, he might be going into the molt. They are not in my opinion a game which is why I am getting rid of them (they're supposed to be game, but do not meet what I consider a game and that in turn makes me decide to let someone else own them). The cock can be aggressive sometimes towards other cocks in small enclosures, but he is not typically so aggressive as to chase other birds when they do not act aggressively towards him (when I let him out to free range he avoids my American game cocks at all times).

The hen can be on the aggressive side sometimes but is not typically too aggressive. The cock is very gentle as Shamo should be towards people, he has never attacked me or anyone else; You can walk right up to him and pick him up with no problems. He is nicknamed "Little Roman" even due to his big similarity to my dog in personality. I've had him since he was about 6 months old, he is now turning three this year I believe. His mother is probably nearly 5-6 but should still have quite a few years left to lay.

I'm taking offers, if you want something not seen anywhere else in MS (I looked before I bought out of state) this is your chance. I'm not letting them go extremely cheap as though they do not fit my standards, I consider them more than a flea market bird and would rather eat them than basically give them away for a dirt cheap price. If you buy out of state you're basically going to get the same quality (depending upon lines) these birds are and shipping and box is going to run you about 60-70 dollars a bird plus the price of the bird.

But as I said, I'm not asking much compared to what others on the net will ask for their birds. PM if interested, updated photos upon request; but the old photos can be seen on my website. He is the top three images in the album "Shamo" the hen is the last image.

God bless,
Daniel.

Hey y'all! New chicken farmer outside Starkville, MS.

I have a question about chicken saddles.......have any of you used them? I am afraid they may over heat the hens this summer.

I have a couple of hens that could sure use saddles - they are "favorites" I guess. When they get bad I move the rooster out to the goat field for a while and try and let them recover some. Sure is a lot of towns in Ms that I've never heard of - cool to see a bunch of people "locals" on here :). I raise Marans and Orpingtons and until tomorrow morning Light and Dark Brahmas.

Anyone ever find out if there are any blue orpington breeders in Mississippi? Relocating to Jones County soon-- anyone know of any reputable breeders in that area with a good selection of pullets and young roosters? Or should I wait until next spring and just get chicks? Opinions?

Back
Top Bottom