MadamPoofyBrow's Super Awesome Chat Thread!

Hm I dunno. Very pretty! Color does matter with Ameraucanas as I've read. I think typically your more boring colors are hens, whereas the gorgeous fancy ones are male. :idunno I've got an EE hen but she had a pretty red comb. It's huge and red now, but I know she's a she

This is my fave of 38 Ameraucana chicks. I'm pretty sure it's a rooster. I can only keep one of the boys, and if this one is, then he'll be that boy. Do y'all agree?

Comb...kinda red

Wings, and size. I have an average sized hand ;-)

Colour, if it matters...
He's three weeks old
Can you do a full body shot with him standing?

I'll try and get a better pic. We moved all 38 down to the coop Wednesday, and examined each one. We think 9 Roos and 29 hens, which is so much better than we thought!
It's raining, so I may not get the pic til tomorrow. I'm pretty confident in most, but there's two I'll get pics of
1f603.png

That's awesome glory! The breeder said he had gotten them from a breeder who said they were pure and has been working with them for generations. Then he had one lay a green egg instead of a blue egg so he thinks they got mixed some time ago. From what I understand that doesn't mean they were mixed, cause Ameraucanas can lay a wide variety, right?

That's awesome glory! The breeder said he had gotten them from a breeder who said they were pure and has been working with them for generations. Then he had one lay a green egg instead of a blue egg so he thinks they got mixed some time ago. From what I understand that doesn't mean they were mixed, cause Ameraucanas can lay a wide variety, right?
If you see a sign for chickens that lay 'green to blue eggs' then I think 99.9% of them will be EEs. I think Ameraucanas lay only one color?? :idunno

He said all but one of his layed sky blue, and one layed green. Dunno, they look pure to me
1f600.png

I know that each individual chicken will only lay one colour but I think as a breed it can vary. I think.

Hey guys! I'm gonna try to not neglect my chat thread any more! To start my new start of not neglecting my chat thread, he's a bunch of pictures of Griffin
love.gif

His beautiful face
love.gif

He knows he's cool ;-)

Chill pose

Half-strut

Gobble

Look at that snood
lau.gif

Gobble gobble

Gobble

Gobble again! He gobbles a lot