Made a little egg dispenser

thebulg

Chirping
Aug 20, 2015
North carolina
That's the best way I can think of describing it! It was really easy- took me 20 minutes. If you have a semi handy person in your house, super simple. Takes a bit of time to dry and paint, but that would all be based on the maker ;) I am sure this type of thing has been made time and again, but what is the Internet for if not repetition?!

The 2 ramp pieces were cut from 1/4 inch plywood. They are 14.5" long, 3" tall at the top end of the ramp, 1.5" at the lowest part of the dip. I made one and traced it on to the plywood to make the other.

The middle piece is a 12" 2x2. That's it. No fancy instructions haha

Sand everything to make rounded edges everywhere that will come in contact with the egg.

I screwed mine together because I'm impatient. If you glued and clamped it would be just as effective and you'd have 2 pretty sides. I left the front of the ramp open so I could grab eggs from under/over or from the sides.

Stain or paint, but either way make sure you seal it really well. You could caulk the part where the ramp wall meets the 2x2. Just in case of emergency :)

this the best post all day, to make me want to build, and make me think. It wants to be a non-functioning slingshot to me, like elastic looking sides, and slingshot at one end, but it doesn't work, it just hold eggs, but it catches the mind of people who see it. If someone with a gun breaks in trying to rob you, I want them to be discussing your chickens and sipping coffee 15 minutes after they see your egg holder. Like the fish-tank from old blender, it annoys your mind until you can't think of something else. now I want to go make some woodwork because of your post !!
Oddly enough, I think most people who know me would tell you it is entirely possible that someone could break into my house and we would end up in the kitchen with me making them eggs and talking about their life choices hahaha!!

this the best post all day, to make me want to build, and make me think.

It wants to be a non-functioning slingshot to me, like elastic looking sides, and slingshot at one end, but it doesn't work, it just hold eggs, but it catches the mind of people who see it. If someone with a gun breaks in trying to rob you, I want them to be discussing your chickens and sipping coffee 15 minutes after they see your egg holder.

Like the fish-tank from old blender, it annoys your mind until you can't think of something else.

now I want to go make some woodwork because of your post !!

I like it, good job! I like your lettering on the side too. Thanks for sharing your idea.
smile.png

So far it holds about 8-10 eggs depending on the size of the eggs :) it looks really great on the counter too!thanks for the positive feedback!

Back
Top Bottom