Made my own duck diaper *directions added*

Quote:
It does. I don't think it bothers her. I'm only leaving it on for short periods. I didn't pay that much attention to the real ones to see if they cover the oil gland. Will have to check. Otherwise, like now, I put an old sheet on the floor and we have tile floors. I figure I'll just wash the sheet every day or two. She stays right next to me or with her boyfriend, my oldest Shih Tzu, who is in love with her.
roll.png

Quote:
It does. I don't think it bothers her. I'm only leaving it on for short periods. I didn't pay that much attention to the real ones to see if they cover the oil gland. Will have to check. Otherwise, like now, I put an old sheet on the floor and we have tile floors. I figure I'll just wash the sheet every day or two. She stays right next to me or with her boyfriend, my oldest Shih Tzu, who is in love with her.
roll.png

sweet!
love.gif

Olamina Goose's first sock diaper!

Thanks for the tip! This should be a sticky! I used a panty liner maxi pad (22 count from the dollar store) instead of the dog training pad. I loosely double tied the shoe laces and Ola nibbled at the laces a bit but she couldn't undo it. This was super easy, fast, cheap, and effective!

Olamina Goose's first sock diaper!

Thanks for the tip! This should be a sticky! I used a panty liner maxi pad (22 count from the dollar store) instead of the dog training pad. I loosely double tied the shoe laces and Ola nibbled at the laces a bit but she couldn't undo it. This was super easy, fast, cheap, and effective!

Very cool!

A large storage tub works great. I use one in the house every time I hatch out ducks or raise them in the house till they get big enough to go outside.
I thank you for your diaper pic! anymore questions feel free to ask. I have lots of experience with ducks.
frow.gif

Hello My wife's duck will be 2 years old in July. It is a indoors duck. We have a cage 5' X 5' He can fly out be he doesn't Unless he is scared or wants to run after one of our cats. He gets along very well with our cats. His name is Dot Dot, and he replys to his name. Very very smart. At first My wife was his mom, Now that has changed. He will do a mating dance for my wife. We want to buy or make diapers for him, That way we can take him with us to others homes.

I rescued a duckling myself ive had him less then a week I keep him in a play pen unless its pool time bathtub time out front walk around time or just time to play in the living room I wanna get him diaperd so I don't have to keep him in the play pen in his own crap!!

Very good ideas. I'm getting two pekin ducks in a few days. Im trying to get everything ready for them. Thank you for the creative ideas. Im going to try it.

I tried this with my little 6 day old duck I loved the idea but he just kept puttin his legs in the part thats supposed to go around his chest. I used a baby sock to and it's just to big.): I guess I just have to wait till it gets a little bit older lol.

This is very cute and I have actually made a pair for my ducklings, do you have any suggestions how to get them on though? They wiggle so much that I can never get it fastened :(

Back
Top Bottom