Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

So sorry about Smudge :(
I'm glad he was able to die at home. I was very relieved to have mine go at home here. Our burial was not very elaborate, but we finally got our cat buried last weekend. The ground was still frozen when she died and we had to store the body in our freezer, which was kind of creeping us out!

Uhhhh... I had a pupsicle in my freezer for a year! My original mini-daschund, Pretzel, was killed protecting my former land-lady's pair of geese from predators where I used to live, just before Christmas 2007. I had just moved to the Sacramento area 3months earlier; he, Zorro, Smudge, and Licorice had finally joined me in the rented house that October. Although my landlady gave me permission to bury him in my backyard, simply could not deal with it just then. And then the ground - concrete- like adobe and rock aggregate - was too hard to dig until the next rainy season.

So, I've been "there," too. Ate a lot of fresh food during that period of time.

Congrats, Cat!!

So, as a bit of an update, the power didn't even flicker today. Made me happy not to have to deal with that again today.
big_smile.png

I only set 2 eggs :( When I came home with the dozen EE eggs, I planned to hatch, the kids my aunt was babysitting ran into me and made me drop the whole thing.
smack.gif
Only 2 weren't broken, but, The 2 are alive and well and I'm so excited for chick pictures galore on here! woot!

woot.gif

I just have toooooo many must candle at lightening speed and THAT is hard with these big trays....recovers great though!! so I have a little bitty report....I snatched out alot of Karis to check....all the mystery eggs look good of COURSE EXCEPT the JG egg I think it is clear...every iowa I could reach was developing YAY all of Johns LOOK good but only reached three...with out pulling out the trays...ALL the blue ams are developing and so are the fluffies!! some of the BCMs are clear looks like but most show development...this is strictly me being nosey and unable to wait since i tossed nothing!! did that before we both agreed looked quit baby was alive when we broke it open i was horrified!! sorry did it two days ago just havent had internet to post it!! arghhhhhh

Back
Top Bottom