Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Quote:
Because the "gene" is called Lavender.
smile.png

Why do they call them "Lavenders", Shouldn't they really be called "Porcelain" or "Self Blue"... or somethin like that?

...Porcelain is a totally different thing...a Mille Fleur pattern diluted to butter, lavender and white via the Lavender gene...

Because the "gene" is called Lavender.
smile.png

...and because the confusion caused by 'Blue' and 'Self-Blue' is just unnecessary. But that's just my opinion...

Last edited:
Well I have 5 out, 4 pips that I can see and a lot of eggs with nada. I am really hoping that for some reason my icelandics are a little later than the norm. I would like a few more of those.

Question... What happens to the air cell on in pipped eggs when chicks are playing soccer with them? I'm just wondering if the aircell may be upside down now that they have been rolled all over the place.

What I have so far...
1-purple egg project. Wolftracks
2-Icelandic
3-Icelandic
4-cuckoo maran
5 - barnvelder poco-polo

I have graduated from the "No Pips" Club - one of my EEs (from BHep) has pipped
wee.gif

celebrate.gif

Is there a prize for "last to pip" ????
barnie.gif

Hang in there, I know it's hard with all of us excited about chicks. Remember hatch day is still tomorrow. You've done nothing wrong. We either put them in early or had too high of a temperature.

No, that's a 50. It's MUCH bigger than it looks. That cage is like four feet long. :) The 20 is pretty tiny but it does the job. :)

Quote:
gig.gif
I couldn't use the crate to determine the size of the eco! I have small crates and large crates, but not many people have the large crates!! Used to use for the dogs, now the chicks!

I set a bunch of first-egg-ever pullet eggs, including the first White Cornish egg I've ever had.................................. and it hatched!!!!!!!!!!

yesss.gif

I keep hearing horror stories on how difficult it is to get fertile eggs from Cornish, and then how hard it is to hatch them, so really did not expect that little egg to even make it to lock down.
woot.gif

This is how Elliot and I feel about waiting for our Silkie eggs to hatch ....

No love for Elliot (my white bearded Silkie cockerel ... )

Just a WEE bit frustrated (but my Splash Ameraucana hen, Pippa, isn't feeling the LEAST bit sorry for Elliot ... )

Nor is "Jennifer Lopez". But Elliot doesn't care. He's feeling the love ...
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom