Main Differences between heritage breeds and hybrids in average feed density needs

I am very interested in this data if you, or anyone else has it. this is very much in my area of interest. what breeds specifically are you talking about here?
I suspect you will be disappointed. The original poster at this thread never chose to offer any further details, and while they have been on BYC recenently (as recently as yesterday, in fact), this appears to be the last thread of their creation. There are a few more recent comments, but not on the subject of poutry nutrition.

I am very interested in this data if you, or anyone else has it. this is very much in my area of interest. what breeds specifically are you talking about here?
Make your own study if you are a researcher. But, the number of the birds must be very big. But, I think that there will not be any interest. The results I published are from flock tests taking part in small farms in Greece.

Make your own study if you are a researcher. But, the number of the birds must be very big. But, I think that there will not be any interest. The results I published are from flock tests taking part in small farms in Greece.
if you want to be taken seriously you will need to say a whole lot more about the methods used in these tests, which should be possible even if you are at pre-publication stage.

if you want to be taken seriously you will need to say a whole lot more about the methods used in these tests, which should be possible even if you are at pre-publication stage.
Sorry, but I have to prove nothing. For further information ask farmers living in the acres in your country. Hybrid chickens have much smaller needs in feed density.

is there anywhere I can read the results? did you publish it somewhere?
No, it was very unofficial because the number of the layers and meaties participating was too small.

A researcher will start with the statement - "Traditional heritage chickens need lower feed density to achieve the highest of their total production."

No, it was very unofficial because the number of the layers and meaties participating was too small.

A researcher will start with the statement - "Traditional heritage chickens need lower feed density to achieve the highest of their total production."
does that conclusion mean:

Heritage birds need less food per egg

or

Heritage birds reach their peak on less food than hybrids - meaning that per pound of feed you get more eggs from hybrid.

Back
Top Bottom