Maintenance preventative measures you do

And my coop is on wheels I suggested to my husband moving the coop to the side of the house but he doesn't want it moved around :/ he has been very patient with me in my new chicken adventure so far and I don't want to push my luck lol

I think when I get the seven dust and put it at the bottom of the sand it'll really help out a lot I wasn't having any problems until the seven dust wore off in my sand washed away so hopefully these changes will help

I love hearing about how other people manage their flock because it gives you new ideas to help the flock keep healthy or new ideas how to build a run or coop there's always learning to be had lol

You could also try adding wood ash to their dust bathing spots. If you have a fire pit where you burn wood or maybe someone you know does, you can gather the ash from there.
Yes, I forgot to mention wood ash.
hide.gif
Since this is what I use. I placed a small tube with dirt/ash in the brooder when mine were only 5 days old. They loved it. Now when I bring the ash bucket, they know that I'm going to give them a fresh mix and they gather around chattering. Since the OP just had sand delivered I was thinking about sand so good call!

BTW the corrid didn't work.for the symptomatic hen I called the vet and she is now on a tablet that is the same as the corrid in the water but I know she is getting a good dose now. I noticed that the sick one is fighting with the lead hen and the others. The sicky one was jumping on the others backs and pulling feathers I separated her for a whole day and gave her a lot of food she ate a lot. I think she is being bullied out of her food. I put her back at night since it's 18 degrees at night so she can stay warm I noticed that small break was good for her. Now if she can get better that would be great

BTW the corrid didn't work.for the symptomatic hen I called the vet and she is now on a tablet that is the same as the corrid in the water but I know she is getting a good dose now. I noticed that the sick one is fighting with the lead hen and the others. The sicky one was jumping on the others backs and pulling feathers I separated her for a whole day and gave her a lot of food she ate a lot. I think she is being bullied out of her food. I put her back at night since it's 18 degrees at night so she can stay warm I noticed that small break was good for her. Now if she can get better that would be great

If she is sick, the best thing for her would be to separate her until she is better. If she is not getting along with her flock at the moment, the stress will make it harder for her to make a full recovery.

What symptoms is she still having?

I keep a pair of rubber boots just for the poultry area I use a boot dip going in and out of coop. Every few months I clean and disinfect all feeders and waterters
I spray the coop floor with a poultry spray every few months to keep pest down and I use
Rat bait station around the general area outside of were the birds are

If she is sick, the best thing for her would be to separate her until she is better.  If she is not getting along with her flock at the moment, the stress will make it harder for her to make a full recovery.

What symptoms is she still having?

She is still having diarrhea, she also now looks like she's going through a molt? She lost a **** ton of feathers over a day. I see pins for new feathers. Besides that she is running around like usual I can't see anything else wrong?

Back
Top Bottom