MAJOR LICE Infestation in my Yard!!

If we are talking about lice/mite sized bugs, chances are that the birds will not be deliberately eating them. However, it is a good point to be concerned about ingesting anything (such as vegetation or larger bugs) that was sprayed. This is a reason to use a pesticide that is intended for animal premises, and/or of fruits/vegetables, AND to observe whatever withdrawal time is recommendd for the product.

ewe.. good luck with that.. bump
sickbyc.gif

"widespread disinfecting with insecticide chemicals is possible for some kinds of infected enclosures (e.g. aviaries, cages, runs, kennels), but it is not very safe for animals and personnel. Widespread insecticide use should be avoided on large paddocks or yards due to the environmental impacts."

this above quote is from this website:

http://www.pet-informed-veterinary-advice-online.com/lice-life-cycle.html

The website also talks about the lice not liking to be off a host. I too am wondering if you really have lice there.

This is not the place for crusades for or against chemical pest control. The question at hand is a major infestation of bugs in the OP's yard, and suggested control methods.

Quote:
I'm sorry I didn't communicate my whole thought. I'm in favor of treating here!! Spray them to kingdom come!!! But I thought the website I found was informative in that it didn't recommend spraying the whole yard, just the hosts and coops etc.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom