Making Antibotic Supply kit, seems in USA goverment 2017 Removed O.T.C. Powered. now what can I use

Powdered antibiotics were banned because of their overuse. Most health problems in chickens can't be solved by a random use of antibiotics. Some people are now using injectable OTC antibiotics. If that continues they could end up banned too.

Most antibiotics can be obtained from a veterinarian. I personally would talk to your local ones and see if they are willing to sell you some to have on hand and what things they recommend the use of them for, or even find a veterinarian that will prescribe some when a problem comes up.

Not every antibiotic works for every illness, so it's important to get the right type for the problem so you aren't building antibiotic resistant strains on your property.

Already happened in California. No more OTC antibiotics here!
That's very unfortunate. Everyone treats every problem in chickens with an antibiotic. Good husbandry, and culling birds is a more effective way to deal with illnesses, but everyone wants to save their sick chickens.

I personally have never saved a single sick chicken long term. When something goes wrong with a chicken it can be near impossible to stop, but our human desire is to always try to fix them.

That's very unfortunate. Everyone treats every problem in chickens with an antibiotic. Good husbandry, and culling birds is a more effective way to deal with illnesses, but everyone wants to save their sick chickens.

I personally have never saved a single sick chicken long term. When something goes wrong with a chicken it can be near impossible to stop, but our human desire is to always try to fix them.
Some things aren't treatable, that's for sure, like cancer, Marek's, ascites, severe EYP, etc, but with the right drug many birds can be saved. I have blackhead here, so every year I get a couple of peas or turkeys that I have to treat, and the success rate is over 95% if caught soon enough.

CAUTION rant coming : Grudshott: :he I'm way PAST my Government Telling me What my OWN Family can do, use, and have. bull grud !! Plastic bags,.. even what to use in my light bulbs... I served my military. Proudly... to give peoples the Privilege to do as they will. as well as Doo gooders who LUMP Everyone in one Pile ! Most of us do not Overuse drugs, Antibiotics. whatever. I might not agree with you, or Your Choices. I & others served to give you the choice.. remember that :mad: When you Lump us all together.

Antibiotics have been incredibly overused in 'factory farming', because it was found that giving low dose meds in feed to overcrowded stressed animals had them growing better. And treating viral infections isn't going to cure them either. And ignoring mandated withdrawal times sent products to market, complete with low dose meds on board. New regulations affect all of us, but there's a reason for them. In a more perfect world, none of this would be needed, but here we are.
Mary

I order fishmox from chewy dot com. There are sick feral cats all over here, and after getting tired of watching them die I started treating them.
Fishmox capsules are straight amoxicillin and useful for some things.

Back
Top Bottom